Cabinet molding cut off by railing wall

verticalworks

You can use a Material Region  or Custom BS for the backsplash tile to fix it around the Window and at the end over the 1/2 wall if needed but adjusting the base cabinet BS to 18" ( counter to bottom of Upper cabinet) may also do it for you...

27 minutes ago, verticalworks said:

Another similar issue with a railing wall, how to you get the ceiling not to cut through?

Railing Wall Fireplace.JPG

I would say don't use a railing wall for a fireplace if that is what you have done?

Apply the Brick/stone to a Solid or a Soffit even, instead and use a 2nd one for the Mantel

M.

Justin,  I thought I had experienced that sort of problem before and managed to resolve it but could not reproduce the failure in a test plan.  Would you mind copying that into a test plan and posting it if you have a moment.

That is weird ..even after deleting the wall the Main Room shape doesn't fix itself

hmmmm F12 fixed the 3D view but not the plan view.....   looks like you had a hidden power outlet and coax you need to raise up behind the TV too.

Capture22.thumb.JPG.c6fe0bd161124130f078eb391f51b7fc.JPGCapture23.thumb.JPG.1acfe806e11caf782790bee54307c763.JPG

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    F16Squeaky
    Newest Member
    F16Squeaky

• By j2narchitecture
      I am using the railing to auto generate columns and beam for an exterior porch.
      For some reason, the railing is generating 4 -1/2 columns, where only 3 are needed. 
      The spacing is set to 8' o.c. for the columns. 
      How can I correct this so that only 3 columns are being generated?
      Any feedback is appreciated.
      See attached plan file and circled area on the pics.
      TIA

PLAN FILE

• By DeLayDesign
      My client has a very specific look in mind, "H" shaped columns.  I've managed to create them as a 3D item and import them as a column; however, when placed they all seem to act as I want them to, except one.  What's the solution to this without having to place them all manually?

TIA.
      Adam

• By Trawen
      Hi,
      I was wondering if I can somehow setup spaces between door of cabinets to make a significant line between them.

As you can see on the pictures, one (with that chairs) is what Chief does and spaces just disappear in render because they're too small, second one is image created via SketchUp, but I prefer Chief for modeling. 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

• By MarkMc
      Some time back Graham, myself and a few folks played around with how to show a beaded inset cabinet in Chief.
      What were the best solutions at the time are a PIA to work with. I was in need of doing a job with either beaded inset frames or elite (which will be a bit harder and is far rarer so not here)
      I wanted some way to have a beaded inset frame that was easy to change door style on. Figured this out while driving back from client meeting.
      Plan attached has a bunch of base cabinets configured, one wall cabinet and one tall. I've also attached a library of the "doors" used as "side panel inset" to achieve the beading.
      These are 1/4" beads with a total width of 5/16"  Note that separation widths and heights need to be changed to get correct opening for doors or drawers.

From there you are on your own so open the DBX to see what's going on. Hope you like it, I'm pleased as punch
      Ran a quick rt while checking things-looks like I'll need some hardware with altered origins so they don't float.

Note that these will use the default door, the top (A) drawers use default, the larger B drawers are set individually so either clear or specify those. Leave the beading untouched.
      Discovered that the wall cabinet in the current plan is not set as a door but as a side panel inset. Either correct that your self of use the newly attached BeadInsetPlan_X12.
      Changing to wider combined cabinets involves selecting "layout" vertical or horizontal and splitting. Avoid messing with the beads. Bit tricky, always use a test cabinet.

• By Erick-FHbD
      Sorry folks, I am new to this forum and I deleted my post by accident while trying to respond.

I am trying to make a 24" wide pantry cabinet with full width roll out trays, but when I have double doors it makes it look like 2 rollout trays, one for each door side. Is there a workaround? When it's a single 24" door the rollout tray comes out perfectly, but I need a double door.

This time I added the plan.
      Cabinets with Rollouts.plan