verticalworks

Cabinet molding cut off by railing wall

I have an upper cabinet that extends past a railing wall below that is cutting off the crown molding on the wall cabinet. I cannot seem to find a option or work around. Any thoughts?

Railing Wall.JPG

Remove the molding from the cabinet and use a molding polyline.

You can use a Material Region  or Custom BS for the backsplash tile to fix it around the Window and at the end over the 1/2 wall if needed but adjusting the base cabinet BS to 18" ( counter to bottom of Upper cabinet) may also do it for you...

27 minutes ago, verticalworks said:

Another similar issue with a railing wall, how to you get the ceiling not to cut through?

Railing Wall Fireplace.JPG

I would say don't use a railing wall for a fireplace if that is what you have done?

Apply the Brick/stone to a Solid or a Soffit even, instead and use a 2nd one for the Mantel

M.

Justin,  I thought I had experienced that sort of problem before and managed to resolve it but could not reproduce the failure in a test plan.  Would you mind copying that into a test plan and posting it if you have a moment.

The program sees your wall as a room. Even has molding around it.

My copy of your wall shows normally.

ct1.thumb.jpg.b0ddf8a5eabdb6e1c0f59d380d1e0ea0.jpg

ct2.thumb.jpg.ab652acec43b606744c867803b72a44b.jpg

Interesting, I just re-drew as well and now its works. I even pulled away and put back and still treated it the same. But drawing a new wall again works. Thanks for the help! 

I get the same but would love to know what is going on.  Will look into it further if I can.

That is weird ..even after deleting the wall the Main Room shape doesn't fix itself

hmmmm F12 fixed the 3D view but not the plan view.....   looks like you had a hidden power outlet and coax you need to raise up behind the TV too.

Capture22.thumb.JPG.c6fe0bd161124130f078eb391f51b7fc.JPGCapture23.thumb.JPG.1acfe806e11caf782790bee54307c763.JPG

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EliasGrey
    Newest Member
    EliasGrey

• By MarkMc
      Some time back Graham, myself and a few folks played around with how to show a beaded inset cabinet in Chief.
      What were the best solutions at the time are a PIA to work with. I was in need of doing a job with either beaded inset frames or elite (which will be a bit harder and is far rarer so not here)
      I wanted some way to have a beaded inset frame that was easy to change door style on. Figured this out while driving back from client meeting.
      Plan attached has a bunch of base cabinets configured, one wall cabinet and one tall. I've also attached a library of the "doors" used as "side panel inset" to achieve the beading.
      These are 1/4" beads with a total width of 5/16"  Note that separation widths and heights need to be changed to get correct opening for doors or drawers.

From there you are on your own so open the DBX to see what's going on. Hope you like it, I'm pleased as punch
      Ran a quick rt while checking things-looks like I'll need some hardware with altered origins so they don't float.

Note that these will use the default door, the top (A) drawers use default, the larger B drawers are set individually so either clear or specify those. Leave the beading untouched.
      Discovered that the wall cabinet in the current plan is not set as a door but as a side panel inset. Either correct that your self of use the newly attached BeadInsetPlan_X12.
      Changing to wider combined cabinets involves selecting "layout" vertical or horizontal and splitting. Avoid messing with the beads. Bit tricky, always use a test cabinet.
      Bead Inset Plan.plan
      Frame Beads.calibz

BeadInsetPlan_X12.plan
    • By Erick-FHbD
      Sorry folks, I am new to this forum and I deleted my post by accident while trying to respond.

I am trying to make a 24" wide pantry cabinet with full width roll out trays, but when I have double doors it makes it look like 2 rollout trays, one for each door side. Is there a workaround? When it's a single 24" door the rollout tray comes out perfectly, but I need a double door.

This time I added the plan.
      Cabinets with Rollouts.plan

• By Sunnyfields
      I am attempting to show a bridge structure from a stair to a loft and CA is showing a dropped area underneath the railing:

You will note that the railing perpendicular to this does not have this problem. I have rechecked my defaults, added a room under the bridge with the same settings as the room without the issue, and asked our CA guru...we are at a loss. This seems to be an issue with the wall created underneath the railing, but the settings for this railing are exactly the same as the perpendicular one Here's the troublesome railing:

Here's the one which is working properly:

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Thank you!

• By goshgolly
      I'm sure this has been discussed, but I can't find anything specific that answers this question.

I'm trying to create a simple vanity with two drawers and an open shelf underneath (see inspiration image of "vanity").  I simply can't figure out a way/remember how to add a shelf other than by using the shelf command. While this works visually, it treats it as a separate part of the vanity, thereby creating two separate pieces.  In the Working Plan and Kitchen and Bath View plans, the shelf shows up on top of the sink while the 3d view shows the shelf in the correct place!  I guess maybe it's, in part, a layers thing?

I know there has to be a better way of doing this.  What am I missing/forgetting?

• By VisualJoy
      Good afternoon,
      I am trying to design a kitchen but am having issues with both lower and upper cabinets that are convex.  I understand using the different door styles for the front, but how do I make the back of the cabinets fit?