Double dual door in a wall

Aamir77

Hi,

I want to make a double dual door in a wall like I am posting in a figure. I did not find a proper way to do so. What I did, I copied the door in place and changed its direction to the opposite side. Am I right? I feel20-25.thumb.jpg.a63f280b766503b6862d330e0e3c2c7a.jpg20-25.thumb.jpg.a63f280b766503b6862d330e0e3c2c7a.jpg I am not right. Would anyone bother to guide me the proper procedure?

Are you trying to show a Door that swings both ways in Plan View  or will there physically be two doors?

If you are only showing it swinging both ways there is a checkbox in the Door's DBX for that.....

Capture68.thumb.JPG.57c6e372909164b10ae96fb3547987ee.JPG

8 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Are you trying to show a Door that swings both ways in Plan View  or will there physically be two doors?

If you are only showing it swinging both ways there is a checkbox in the Door's DBX for that.....

Capture68.thumb.JPG.57c6e372909164b10ae96fb3547987ee.JPG

I knew that but I want two different doors.

It looks to me that what you did is working fine.  Just need to edit the style.  Usually to have two doors in one opening one of them needs to be slightly offset a bit to work.  I think usually the height is the easiest to offset but it looks like your method worked.

With the way I adopted, there are some problems with rendering. First, in render view, both the doors sometimes show and sometimes do not show up, second when I try to edit materials of one of them both disappears in render view and lastly there is another problem in render view which is shown in the picture attached.20-32.thumb.jpg.b7802ab1b772840e1d6a9026452c306c.jpg

Try placing the extra door in the wall beside the real one and then slide it over into position over top of the other.  I just tried it in X10 and did not need to change the height.  They may have improved that.

Yes in X9 one must be elevated but not in X10