Mouse Click-hold-drag problem

Aamir77

Hi,

you might be thinking of me returning with a new question every other day but the fact is I am pissed off since I reinstalled program of the Chief Architect x9, my mouse does not follow me on click-hold-drag-release process and it is a core method in this program that creates walls and is used for many camera positioning options.

Now my question is, does the Chief Architect have something to do with my mouse problem? The mouse works on all other programs except the Chief architect and especially on dragging part.

Thanks in advance.

There are only two possibilities, neither of which seem to fit your situation:

1. Your mouse is broken or defective (since your mouse works with other programs that seems NOT to be the case).

2. Your software drivers are either corrupted or out of date (again this seems unlikely since your mouse works with other programs).

The above are the only problems I have ever had with mouse and Chief since I started in 1995. IF you have an SSA account, then just contact Tech Support for help.

DJP

4 minutes ago, rlackore said:

I'm confused by the description of your problem, but might it be related to using Grid Snaps?

gridsnaps.thumb.PNG.c67ddcbd9c02084e40551ef9e5ca20af.PNG

I am sorry for the confusing description but that is not what you are referring me to.

3 minutes ago, DavidJPotter said:

There are only two possibilities, neither of which seem to fit your situation:

1. Your mouse is broken or defective (since your mouse works with other programs that seems NOT to be the case).

2. Your software drivers are either corrupted or out of date (again this seems unlikely since your mouse works with other programs).

The above are the only problems I have ever had with mouse and Chief since I started in 1995. IF you have an SSA account, then just contact Tech Support for help.

DJP

The simple click does work, I can push the button options of all the tools in the toolbar but I am unable to click-hold-drag-release and that happened with me today. The same mouse was working fine till yesterday, I am thinking, I might have clicked somewhere, checked or unchecked some option unintentionally.

2 minutes ago, Aamir77 said:

The same mouse was working fine till yesterday, I am thinking, I might have clicked somewhere, checked or unchecked some option unintentionally.

So it's not just that you reinstalled Chief and I don't know of any setting in Chief that would cause this behavior. 

1 minute ago, Joe_Carrick said:

So it's not just that you reinstalled Chief and I don't know of any setting in Chief that would cause this behavior. 

I am also puzzled by this behaviour of the program or mouse whatever, I can select the tools but can't drag on the plan.

• 3 years later...