Siding Extending Passed wall

SawyerCD

Hello to all of you on the forum. I've got a question about some siding extending passed one wall on the house I've been working on. The siding is extending only in an area where a false gable is located on the exterior. I'm trying to set up my perspective floor plan view for a ray trace and that portion of wacked out siding is cramping my style. Any help or suggestions on how to keep the siding from showing up in the perspective view would be appreciated. 

Thanks! 5b31464b07262_Exstendedsiding.thumb.PNG.16671fd7a55ec9c6826da4148849e8fd.PNG5b31464d04a8f_Falsegable.thumb.PNG.540f9bbabdcc1b12a72b1e13975fcd9d.PNG

The things I noticed:

1. 2nd Floor Ceiling height has been edited (at least for that room) instead of editing the ceiling structure or finish.
  2. This is inconsistent with the Roof Baselines, etc.
  3. It would be much better to set the Floor defaults and let most if not everything conform to those defauts
  4. Room types have not been assigned.

ps:  I also am not seeing the problem you are.

That's very weird. It's still showing up on my file. I tried shutting down CA and opening it back up again and I'm still seeing that piece of siding on my perspective view. I wonder if there's a glitch in my system. 

Thanks for taking a look at it, looks like the problems somewhere in the programming or something. 

Not quite sure why Eric and Joe are not seeing the issue when they open the plan file in X9 but it is displayed exactly as posted for me however I am not sure what is causing the problem without completely going through the plan file.

I was however able to patch the problem by making the attic wall in that location a pony wall so it would display both of the siding and gable shake materials and displace the regular wall from filling in that region.

3 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Not quite sure why Eric and Joe are not seeing the issue when they open the plan file in X9

In my case I only opened it in X10. 

IAE, I'm pretty sure the problem would have something to do with the room ceiling height and/or the roof baseline elevation.  Obviously X9 and X10 are handling this differently.

I opened the plan in X9 and can see the problem.

Go up to the attic level and select the portion of the front wall that forms the gable.

Delete it.

Chief will auto build the correct gable wall in it's place.

Why does that middle front room on the upper floor have different floor and ceiling heights that the rest of the rooms?