CABINET SCHEDULE & ACTUAL CABINET HEIGHT

ChiefChris1

I wonder if there is a way to have the schedule tool determine the actual height of the cabinet and NOT include the counter top.

Sure, I can remove the counters from my base cabs and manually model a counter-top...At least, I assume that would show the base cabs at 34 1/2" high in the schedule.

I can also separate base cabinets into one schedule.  wall cabinets in another etc and specify which height is labeled on the schedule (including counter top).

Can I just tell the schedule tool to NOT include the counter top??  because 36" is not the cabinet height. 

Box Height is definitely in X10 as a Schedule Column, but it doesn't give what you want.  However, in X9 you can create a custom field in the OIP and assign a macro that subtracts the counter_thickness from the height.  Including that field as a Column in the Schedule will give you the actual cabinet height.

I don't think that capability exists in X8.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ChiefChris1 said:

I wonder if there is a way to have the schedule tool determine the actual height of the cabinet and NOT include the counter top.

Sure, I can remove the counters from my base cabs and manually model a counter-top...At least, I assume that would show the base cabs at 34 1/2" high in the schedule.

I can also separate base cabinets into one schedule.  wall cabinets in another etc and specify which height is labeled on the schedule (including counter top).

Can I just tell the schedule tool to NOT include the counter top??  because 36" is not the cabinet height. 

Eric is correct and they gave it to us in X9-no need for a macro.5b29d9c42ca1e_boxheight.thumb.png.92f1a1b965049cf36343c185ad53dfd4.png

Actually, this is also possible in X8 as well.  Just takes a couple custom macros.  Shoot me an email if you're interested and I can help you set it up.  It wouldn't be free, but it also shouldn't take all that long.  I would just need to see how you have your cabinet labels and schedule(s) set up.  Quick example done in X8...

5b29f45dc5c4c_Cabheight.thumb.jpg.2345204bc8b75cc4b975df6002eadbdc.jpg

Sorry about missing you need X8 and not 9:wub:

My solution back then was to set default cabinets to have 0" counters so schedules read the correct height.

I always use custom countertops so that was not really an issue, just need to keep one somewhere set to thickness and height you need with the height and thickness set (NOT set from cabinet). I still use custom counters for my finals since I find them more manageable for my needs (like getting a countertop drawing).