TheHills

Dimensions!

Recommended Posts

Help! Brand new and I have somehow turned off the tool that tells me the feet and inches when I am drawing a wall. I draw the wall and there are no distances displayed. I am sure that I messed up something with the dimensions tool. The automatic interior dimensions tool is on, and I cannot switch it to the exterior dimensions tool. I just keep getting an annoying error message. I have tried the restore default settings. Nothing seems to work. 

Avon Catalog | Avon Brochure | Target Red Card | Target Ad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everything visible or invisible is controlled in a dialog called "Display Options", object layers are there alphabetically and can be turned on or off via that dialog. The auto-interior dimension tool is a manual tool that you must manually turn on or off, the same is true for exterior dimensions. Temporary dimensions can also be turned on or off by way of its tool icon (usually found in the left-hand toolbar).

 

You really should carefully read your tutorial Guide and Reference Manual and just make time to do these things. The Reference Manual is over two thousand pages so it is NOT an afternoon read but do work your way through it, little by little as it covers everything you need to know and there is A LOT you do need  to know.

 

 

DJP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, solver said:

 

Turn on Temporary Dimensions. The default configuration has an icon on the far right of the window with a T and an arrow.

 

If this doesn't fix it you may have turned off "Show wall length when editing" ............hit Alt-Q to bring up the DBX.

 

Capture.thumb.PNG.17432a0cb0e5a069acf8535e99d47546.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2018 at 6:45 PM, Kbird1 said:

you may have turned off "Show wall length when editing"

Is there a similar setting to show the heights in wall elevation views? The attached tutorial clipping says there is supposed to be a temporary dimension to edit after selecting the bottom of the material region. I've turned on Temporary Dimensions and checked the "Show wall length when editing". Even tried placing a manual dimension and it was editable but doesn't move anything.

 

Screen Shot 2018-08-18 at 1.33.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-18 at 1.37.10 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ga7pilot said:

Is there a similar setting to show the heights in wall elevation views? The attached tutorial clipping says there is supposed to be a temporary dimension to edit after selecting the bottom of the material region. I've turned on Temporary Dimensions and checked the "Show wall length when editing". Even tried placing a manual dimension and it was editable but doesn't move anything.

 

Screen Shot 2018-08-18 at 1.33.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-18 at 1.37.10 PM.png

 

it works per the Manual for me.....you do need to select the WMR to get the Temporary Dims to display along with the edit handles.....if they don't you have toggled Temp Dims OFF

 

there is an Icon on the RH Toolbar , large T with a diagonal double ended Arrow ...the box should have a check mark if they are ON.

 

M.

 

Capture4.thumb.JPG.e4a5f037eeada8bc77d58e803e804a69.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for responding. The picture shows the bottom edge selected I believe, there's a red box anyway. Also, check the left side for my toolbar, I moved it, T seems to have a check there. Also started having other tutorial issues, like I can't find the Annotation Set Control drop-down and such. So, I have since reset my toolbars in preferences and they don't look like the tutorial. Which got me thinking that maybe I don't have the full correct version.  Then I remembered starting with the trial version before buying the key. I am thinking I better delete the program and download it again directly from my Locker. Then, after a re-install, if I still have an issue, I'll start a new thread.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ga7pilot said:

Thank you for responding. The picture shows the bottom edge selected I believe, there's a red box anyway. Also, check the left side for my toolbar, I moved it, T seems to have a check there. Also started having other tutorial issues, like I can't find the Annotation Set Control drop-down and such. So, I have since reset my toolbars in preferences and they don't look like the tutorial. Which got me thinking that maybe I don't have the full correct version.  Then I remembered starting with the trial version before buying the key. I am thinking I better delete the program and download it again directly from my Locker. Then, after a re-install, if I still have an issue, I'll start a new thread.

 

 

 

 

Start the X10 Tutorial again in the Full X10 version , I think you are missing Options as the Plan was started in HD (Pro?) which doesn't have Annotation Sets AFAIK.

 

get the X10 Docs here

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/documentation.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually started with HD Suite, then upgraded to Pro, then CA premier trial, then bought the key and activated the full version of premier. But the tutorial plan in question was started in CA premier trial.

 

I should have all the full functionality, it's that tools are in different places than the tutorial, probably because of it being a different version as mentioned. I do have the Active Annotation tool, but it's on the Extended Tool configuration and not the Default Configuration.  I can customize the toolbar no problem.  Still don't know what else to do to solve the temp dim problem. Maybe it's because I have had so many versions on here. Thinking I should re-install and start over. Already downloaded a bunch of catalogs though, hate re-do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps as Eric said start your Own thread with the Tutorial Plan attached for others to try.....

 

Save the Camera view etc so others will see what you see....

 

Make sure Plan is closed in CA before you attach it to the Post  or it won't attach as CA locks the File when Open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Member Statistics

    28278
    Total Members
    6254
    Most Online
    ChiefPerry
    Newest Member
    ChiefPerry
    Joined