Nvidia says Ambient occlusion not supported by X10

cv2702

I just noticed that Nvidia says on its control panel that "Ambient occlusion" is not supported by CA X10.  Can someone with an Nvidia card confirm this?  Puzzling, unless CA's implementation of Ambient occlusion isn't compatible with the driver's ability.

image.thumb.png.eb0045136a7fc8cc1ede83a2005caf6a.png

Yes I think Glenn is correct and Nvidia has that ability to add ambient occlusion to games so they are more realistic but Chief has developed it's own Ambient Occlusion that does not rely on Nvidia or any number of other video card manufactures.

Thanks guys.  Pretty well in line with what I meant when I said "... CA's implementation of Ambient occlusion isn't compatible with the driver's ability ..."

Anything done in video hardware is (usually) faster than in software.  I find PBR so much more realistic, but it comes at a price.  Just opening a camera on a moderately complexe scene takes 15-20 seconds; starting a PBR path walkthrough has a preamble of more than a minute before CA tackles the frames.  Maybe CA could optimize PBR rendering by pushing as much stuff as possible to the video card, thus my reference to Ambient occlusion.