Making a CAD Block of an Single Object

ComputerMaster86

Is there a way to take a single polyline I have drawn and turn it into a CAD block that I can then add to the library?  I have 2D polylines that represent steel trim pieces that I often use in conjunction with 2D detail drawings and cross sections.

5af31bcb2baf8_SteelTrim.thumb.JPG.a8b7abfc6612ec5ee9bb89f657b26111.JPG

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    organiccrack
    Newest Member
    organiccrack

• By marlem2000
      Hi, everybody
      I would like to know how you edit symbols or CAD blocks.
      I don’t have much experience creating my own objects so I usually download them from pages like 3D Warehouse.
      Most of the times I need to make changes or remove elements included in these objects so I just load the symbol, go to Edit CAD block and try to modify what I need in the CAD Block window.
      When the object is ready, I just add it to the library, but when I try to reload again the symbol previously created I can’t see it in the 3D view.
      I’m sure I’m missing some steps or, probably, I can’t understand how symbols work.
      Many thanks for the help!

• By toucanskeleton
      What determines which CAD blocks get shown on this list, under "2D Block" in the Symbol Specification window? Or, more to the point, can I affect which CAD blocks get included in that list? I have a symbol in my User Catalog that I'd like to replace this fixture's assigned symbol with, but it doesn't seem to have made the list. It's hard for me to intuit what criteria this seemingly-arbitrary collection of CAD blocks all meet that make them distinct from all the CAD blocks (like the one I want to use) that are excluded from the list.

• By MarkMc
      So I figured out a new way to make cabinets with extended stiles that will read the proper width in schedule (that is will not include the extended stile in the width since it is an add on when ordered that way)
      The issue I'm having is getting the extended stile to show in plan as part of the symbol. I've never been really good at getting adjusting CAD blocks and making them work with a symbol.
      I've tried an assortment of ways to change the block to show as part of the symbol with no luck. Is it possible?
      Chief will not always show a cabinet door in plan to begin with, but I've tried pretty much every option without success.
      File is X10

ExtendedStile Base.plan
    • By otisbradley
      Hi - looked everywhere in forum etc can't find out how to edit these legends - found in library - Core Catalogs - CAD Blocks - Notes and Legends
      When I open it as a CAD block or from a plan 
      I explode the block and all of the text disappears ! The grid still shows along with all of the small CAD blocks for the symbols but I can't find the text 
      I'm sure this is some dopey thing I am not seeing
      Feeling stupid ....
      thx Otis 

• By Mrducks
      I am VERY new to this program, and until a few weeks ago I was pushing a pencil around my drawing board. 
      I was watching the instructional video on creating a CAD block of the as-built drawings to be used as an overlay/mask on my plan view so I could move walls and see where the original walls were.  In creating the block, I think I did everything correct, but I accidentally clicked on exploded view of the block.  it did not seem to do anything, however when I move the block to my drawing, a few parts and pieces of the drawing are missing.

is there a way to undo this error?  or, should I start over?

Thank you!
      Steven