ComputerMaster86

Making a CAD Block of an Single Object

Is there a way to take a single polyline I have drawn and turn it into a CAD block that I can then add to the library?  I have 2D polylines that represent steel trim pieces that I often use in conjunction with 2D detail drawings and cross sections.

5af31bcb2baf8_SteelTrim.thumb.JPG.a8b7abfc6612ec5ee9bb89f657b26111.JPG

Hold down Shift or Control while you select the object.

4 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Hold down Shift or Control while you select the object.

...block your selection and click the add to library icon. Apologies if that's too obvious :)

Marquee selection is the other option that I like. :D

3 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Marquee selection is the other option that I like. :D

Never tried that - I like it....

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Oilersfan20
    Newest Member
    Oilersfan20

• By MarkMc
      So I figured out a new way to make cabinets with extended stiles that will read the proper width in schedule (that is will not include the extended stile in the width since it is an add on when ordered that way)
      The issue I'm having is getting the extended stile to show in plan as part of the symbol. I've never been really good at getting adjusting CAD blocks and making them work with a symbol.
      I've tried an assortment of ways to change the block to show as part of the symbol with no luck. Is it possible?
      Chief will not always show a cabinet door in plan to begin with, but I've tried pretty much every option without success.
      File is X10

ExtendedStile Base.plan
    • By otisbradley
      Hi - looked everywhere in forum etc can't find out how to edit these legends - found in library - Core Catalogs - CAD Blocks - Notes and Legends
      When I open it as a CAD block or from a plan 
      I explode the block and all of the text disappears ! The grid still shows along with all of the small CAD blocks for the symbols but I can't find the text 
      I'm sure this is some dopey thing I am not seeing
      Feeling stupid ....
      thx Otis 

• By Mrducks
      I am VERY new to this program, and until a few weeks ago I was pushing a pencil around my drawing board. 
      I was watching the instructional video on creating a CAD block of the as-built drawings to be used as an overlay/mask on my plan view so I could move walls and see where the original walls were.  In creating the block, I think I did everything correct, but I accidentally clicked on exploded view of the block.  it did not seem to do anything, however when I move the block to my drawing, a few parts and pieces of the drawing are missing.

is there a way to undo this error?  or, should I start over?

Thank you!
      Steven
    • By Don_Straub_Const
      I have created a group of cabinets as a island then made a cad block and added it to my Library. The bounding box extends beyond the cabinets so I can not get an accurate measurement. How do I create the box so it exactly fits the island or does not impact my measurements.

Monterey kit.plan
    • By RicochetX
      So I’m having an issue with the arrow attachment to objects. When I copy the arrow to different places on my detail, and then delete the original object the first arrow was attached to, it deletes all the copied arrows too. I just deleted a CAD block and lost 5 arrows of my detail. Is there an option to turn off the attachment of arrows to objects? The only thing I saw in the help says, “Lines with arrows can be attached to other objects. They attach to a closed polyline-based object along its edges, but can attach to an architectural object anywhere within its 2D symbol in floor plan view. If an arrow is attached to another object, deleting that object will also delete the arrow.” It seems that even though I’m copying the arrow to a new location it still stays attached to the original object, unless I move the arrow head to attach to a new object and even then it doesn’t always seem to work. I would just as soon not have arrows attach to anything.