pdf flattening

BAKERSB4

15 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

The one positive thing that I have noticed while working with my PDF's recently in Adobe Acrobat is that you can add to or edit  a PDF that was created by "Chief Architect Save as PDF" and then save with Adobe and Chief's vector qualities appear to be retained in the final PDF.

It will also create a much smaller file if you save as a reduced PDF, I just wish I didn't have to take the extra step

I might be late to the party but here's my two cents (and I'm just up the road in Kingston so I know what you mean about Kitsap County going paperless)

I'm on a mac so it may be different if you're on a Windows machine, but I use an application called PDF Expert. One of the options is file/save as flatten. (see attached image)

I'm pretty sure that Adobe Acrobat or other PDF applications have the ability to merge all the layers into one so that things don't get hidden or mis-located by other PDF applications.

Flatten as an option.png

Yes it can also be done in Adobe Acrobat but the problem is that it can't be done in Chief and if it is required for Construction Documents then maybe we should be able to do it in chief so that new users can produce a set of drawings without buying a whole bunch of other software to complete the task.

But since the OP was asking how it could be done maybe we missed the point of the question.

Adobe Acrobat Flattening.JPG