SketchB

Reference Items

Is there any way to reference items from one floor to another, like referencing walls with the F9 key?

Turn on your Reference Display, select reference floor, select your desired reference layer set.  Save as a new Plan View and you can switch to it with a single click next time.  

You can also toggle your reference display stuff using hotkeys and a macro recorder to make it a single click operation.  Don’t have time to go over that one though.  

You can only reference 1 floor at a time, a lot of people here want multiple floor references for referencing floors 1 and 2 from the 3rd floor.

That's not the issue I am referring to. What I want is, referencing other items, other than just the walls from floor 1 to floor 2.

4 minutes ago, SketchB said:

That's not the issue I am referring to. What I want is, referencing other items, other than just the walls from floor 1 to floor 2.

Michael had your answer.  You just need to use a different "Reference Layer Set", one that includes the items you want to display.

Note that a "Saved Plan View" remembers the "Referenced Layer Set", including the referenced floor.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SketchB said:

referencing other items

What is "referencing"? Do you want to see certain items, be able to snap to them etc?

Reference display is controlled by a layer set. You can change what is displayed and how.

3 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Michael had your answer.  You just need to use a different "Reference Layer Set", one that includes the items you want to display.

Ed Zachary, thank you. 

To the OP,  These are the settings you need to familiarize yourself with...

Options.thumb.png.d475bcd096b6f64b5368369e5ac7a458.png

2 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Ed Zachary, thank you. 

Who is Ed Zachary? ;):rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Who is Ed Zachary? ;):rolleyes:

You were...Ed Zachary Wright that is.