PBR (again) - walkthrough ignores Sun setting

cv2702

Trying to run a PBR based walkthrough in a room with windows.  It seems to ignore current Sun (Sunlight off) and light (all On) settings, so I get the greenish teint.  I could not find any dbx that would let me control these settings during a walkthrough.

I thought it would be an interesting sell to show a night time walkthrough.

Any way around this?

This is not yet possible with a walkthrough  path recording although I have requested it.  You can however use all the current camera settings by recording with the basic walkthrough recorder which is a little choppy without a space mouse and not really my area of expertise.

It would not hurt to make an additional request to get it higher on the priority list.

The Sunlight Settings and Toggle are what we are missing as well as the Ambient Light Settings.

Exterior Night Time PBR Recordings do look good if you just do a slow spin with the CTRL + ALT + S  spin command which is adjustable by changing the Default Incremental Rotate Angle for the Camera.

The basic walkthrough for me is really not an option: it lacks the smoothness of the path walkthrough.

Exterior walkthroughs are not a problem for me with PBR.  Different story with the interior ones.  I wish CA would allow an option to block exterior color reflections from contaminating the interior color set.

3 hours ago, cv2702 said:

ish CA would allow an option to block exterior color reflections from contaminating the interior color set.

I haven't tried on a walk through but have had some success placing "billboards" outskirts the windows and turning off the backdrop. Of course no backdrop works. 

8 hours ago, MarkMc said:

I haven't tried on a walk through but have had some success placing "billboards" outskirts the windows and turning off the backdrop. Of course no backdrop works. 

You can also reduce the sun intensity and the color cast will reduce accordingly. In doing so you may need to rebalance your interior lights and adjust the camera exposure and brightness. From the time I have spent PBR'ing it dose not seem to matter all that much as to what the actual intensity setting is of the sun and lights, it seems to be the relationship(ratio) of the sun intensity and the lights that's most important.

5 minutes ago, TheKitchenAbode said:

You can also reduce the sun intensity and the color cast will reduce accordingly. In doing so you may need to rebalance your interior lights and adjust the camera exposure and brightness. From the time I have spent PBR'ing it dose not seem to matter all that much as to what the actual intensity setting is of the sun and lights, it seems to be the relationship(ratio) of the sun intensity and the lights that's most important.

That sounds great Graham, but we have not been given the tools to record a walkthrough path using those adjustments.  Such a shame really because a good PBR walkthrough in 1080p would have quite an impact on sales for Chief.  Sadly even their x10 promo video was fuzzy,

1 minute ago, Chopsaw said:

That sounds great Graham, but we have not been given the tools to record a walkthrough path using those adjustments.  Such a shame really because a good PBR walkthrough in 1080p would have quite an impact on sales for Chief.  Sadly even their x10 promo video was fuzzy,

Thanks, I don't do walkthroughs so I was not aware of that limitation. Agree that the promo is not very good, in fact I have not seen any PBR examples from CA that I would consider as good. One would think that the people who develop these things should be capable of showing much better examples, in other words, I hope that the samples they have shown do not represent their interpretation of photorealistic.