How To Create This Step In A Footing?

HumbleChief

Go to solution Solved by DRAWZILLA,

Maybe the brick ledge but I don't even know where that tab is to change it, nor would have changed it from all the other slabs I've built. I think it has to with the stem wall, mono slab combo that's working out. If I delete the current foundation then I'l also delete the stem wall on the main house so I'm now wondering how to build the two different types of foundations? Maybe I'll call tech support.

Here is your fixed plan Check out the settings. You needed to adjust the stem wall size to 12" to match the footing and level it all up, easier to fix than explain b/c slabs are still a little difficult to understand. It's not the brick ledge, make sure align w outside edge is checked in the footing DBX.

Larrys slab problem.zip

strange cos the images in this thread show a Slab footing in Larry's other thread they show a Stemwall foundation....

Good idea how to use the same foundation as the house default (stem) and this Guest Room though ,......footing " = stem wall "  settings

Thanks VERY much Perry - it looks great. Still have NO idea what you did and that's the frustrating part but REALLY appreciate the help.

Sorry about the 2 threads, confusing and not that cool but appreciate all the help. BTW tech support didn't know what to do other than delete the walls and draw a slab with footings..

Thanks VERY much Perry - it looks great. Still have NO idea what you did and that's the frustrating part but REALLY appreciate the help.

Sorry about the 2 threads, confusing and not that cool but appreciate all the help. BTW tech support didn't know what to do other than delete the walls and draw a slab with footings..

You got to be kidding me, T.S. needs T.S.  Slabs really should be easier than this, to much to think about.

Here's the dbx that's killing me.

These are the settings I'm getting for the foundation 'room'.

post-302-0-28486600-1407523221_thumb.png

Perry's setting have the first 3 settings as 24"

post-302-0-05900300-1407523232_thumb.png

But when I set them all at 24" then reopen the structure dbx I get this.

post-302-0-58623700-1407523244_thumb.png

I can re-set them but still can't get the 24" to 'stick' in all the setting fields. This is certainly why I'm getting that weird 4" 'extra' slab but I can't duplicate the settings for some reason.

I change "FLOOR TO swt" to '0' (from the 4" it reverts to) and it all looks good until I re-open the dbx and it sets itself back to 4".

On the plan you fixed there's no -28" just all -24" in all 3 dbx's- can't get that to happen.

Can't get rid of that extra 4" step.

post-302-0-97739400-1407524694_thumb.png

Select the foundation room:

Room Specification>Structure>Monolithic Slab Foundation

Select all four foundation walls:

Wall Specification>Foundation>Footing>Align Footing on Outside

Wall Specification>Foundation>Footing> Width 10"

That's it.