Window Question

freshrooms

See picture.  You need to lower the right and left sides and then move the top inside corners into the center.  It looks like they still have to be about 1" apart though which makes a slight flat spot on the top.  I don't know if someone else knows how to make it a point.

post-844-0-97850000-1407258416_thumb.jpg

You're welcome.  Check out the other arch types as well.  You might want to do some experimenting with window shapes when you have time and practice changing some of the settings.  There might be an article in the Help Database on this subject.  If not, you should read up on them in the manual.  Good luck.

The tudor arch settings are easy for a 12:12 sloped roof.  For other slopes, you either have to do some math to get the height right or you could place a CAD line in a section parallel to the roof plane(s) and then "jiggle" the setting with minor adjustments until the window slope matches the roof plane(s).  Maybe someone else has an easier approach to getting the window slope quickly.

Edit:  Here's a snapshot of the same example with a 10:12 roof and with a CAD line I placed at 10:12 and moved next to the window slope so I could tell when I had made the height correct for the window top edges to match the roof.

post-191-0-79626600-1407264505_thumb.jpg

To get the CAD line to display as a roof pitche type angle, select the Number Style to open the dialog and make that setting change.  In my example, the lines have a negative 10:12 pitch.

post-191-0-74529100-1407264182_thumb.jpg

I'd never thought of using an Arch till recently either then saw a tip on using the Dogear Arch  ( no google doesn't know what it is either :)  )

which can work for this or for Diamond shaped Windows by checking the "reflect vertically" box (sills and lintels must be off for Diamond windows though.)

post-315-0-47542600-1407266366_thumb.png

post-315-0-05793300-1407266381_thumb.png