Opening Headers

Joe_Carrick

How do you handle the sizing of headers in Non-Bearing Walls?

I use the depths set in the Framing Defaults for Bearing Walls, but that's generally overkill in Non-Bearing Walls.  It would be nice if there was a separate set of Defaults.

btw, I still want to be able to display the new Chief Headers as a single line (my choice of Linestyle, Line_Weight & Color).  The current "filled full width display" is very annoying.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

I use the depths set in the Framing Defaults for Bearing Walls, but that's generally overkill in Non-Bearing Walls.  It would be nice if there was a separate set of Defaults.

btw, I still want to be able to display the new Chief Headers as a single line (my choice of Linestyle, Line_Weight & Color).  The current "filled full width display" is very annoying.

Would be nice wouldn't it.

1 hour ago, Joe_Carrick said:

I use the depths set in the Framing Defaults for Bearing Walls, but that's generally overkill in Non-Bearing Walls.

Interior bearing is far less common for us than non-bearing so...non-bearing is typically the default and then I modify the header as necessary for bearing walls. 

19 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Interior bearing is far less common for us than non-bearing so......

This sounds almost like a double negative......  busting your chops Michael....

interior non-baring is very typical for us, so far I have let the default size fly......  but if I want to change,  I think I would select all the non-bearing openings at  one time and change them to 4x4's.......  BTW,  Michael put together some nice macro's for me in regards to window size call out and header callouts with the option of showing both labels......  I think they work better for me than the OBO option......  works really good when calling out new or existing doors and windows including whether the headers are new or existing with the option to mix and match  (new window using existing header)