New User Question

A_Smith

I am new to Chief Architect and trying to put together a set of Powder Room drawings for permit submission. I am using CA X9. This is an exercise but is what I will be doing for Bath and Kitchen remodels. Can I create a single model and use Layouts and visibility to show; existing conditions, demolition, proposed and electrical? Specifically can I model the walls and place both existing elements such as cabinets or electric and proposed new elements in the same space? The tutorials do a nice job of showing me how to create a model but how do I create an "as is model" and using the same room, control visibility to show the "demolition", "proposed", and "electrical" conditions? I have attached a file of my Power Room.

Also - What is meant by "Tags" at the beginning of this request?

Thanks A_Smith 

Scott Powder Room.plan

The Tags are for Forum Search Use , to make it easier for other Users to find similar Topics.

Usually I draw a "House" ie 30'x24' box  and place the Bathroom inside it on the appropriate Wall  , so that later I can take Image for the Client from the Hall or Bedroom etc.

You need a foundation and Roof for Ray Traces in Particular for the Lighting to work properly and walls and cabinets not to show "light bleeding" through there Corners etc.

Normally I draw the xxxxx.As-Built Plan > Save As xxxxx.Proposed > Show Client >Make Changes as needed > Save as xxxxx.Final Plan

You can use different Wall types/fills (see below everything is On except furniture) or Hatching for New and Existing and Layer Sets or Annotation Set will allow you to Switch different things on and Off like Electrical, Plumbing Fixtures, Dimensions , Cad (Nuheat Mat in this case) etc

Also, it's good to have your Forum Signature filled in please, especially with the Software Version,
and of course a Name is nice too :) ..............see mine below in Blue for how to do that.

M.

3.JPG4.thumb.JPG.0d26e1c36db7d64d7f5d3d060e28b6e1.JPG5.thumb.JPG.229d74d6b8dbf3a230533802c2a7f960.JPG

1 hour ago, A_Smith said:

I am new to Chief Architect and trying to put together a set of Powder Room drawings for permit submission. I am using CA X9. This is an exercise but is what I will be doing for Bath and Kitchen remodels. Can I create a single model and use Layouts and visibility to show; existing conditions, demolition, proposed and electrical? Specifically can I model the walls and place both existing elements such as cabinets or electric and proposed new elements in the same space? The tutorials do a nice job of showing me how to create a model but how do I create an "as is model" and using the same room, control visibility to show the "demolition", "proposed", and "electrical" conditions? I have attached a file of my Power Room.

Also - What is meant by "Tags" at the beginning of this request?

Thanks A_Smith 

Scott Powder Room.plan

If you would like, I would be happy to do an online meeting and show you how I approach remodels (of course no cost to you). I could probably answer all your questions. If interested, you call call my cell 832-754-6160. I'm available from around 8:30 am to 10:00pm 7 days/week.

1 hour ago, tommy1 said:

If you would like, I would be happy to do an online meeting and show you how I approach remodels (of course no cost to you). I could probably answer all your questions. If interested, you call call my cell 832-754-6160. I'm available from around 8:30 am to 10:00pm 7 days/week.

THIS IS A "DEAL-DEAL", DO NOT PASS THIS BY. TOMMY IS TERRIFIC!!

DJP