Drywalled Doorways not showing Drywall at Jambs

keilrd

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone knows why sometimes doorways (set to use no casings) will not show the drywall on the door framed jambs, so that instead one sees the framing. In some of my plans, maybe most of them, they work correctly as at the left of the photo, but every so often, I get the situation as shown on the right.

I've tried changing various settings as well as the usual silly workarounds, but it'd be really nice to just know what the problem is instead of going through all that baloney with the polyline solids and the mouding scraps, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Mark

doors.PNG

Sure, and thanks. I assume you mean just the *.plan file and not the whole "export folder" bit? If so, I've attached the one with the problem doorways (Hmn*) as well as the one where the doorways are working (Vsk*).

For what it's worth, I tried copying the working doorway from the good plan to the bad, and I also tried copying the whole wall, including the good doorway, from the good plan to the bad, both to no good result.

Again, thanks.

Hmn.A.180129.plan

Vsk.A.180130.plan

looks okay in X9 here at least in the living to Kitchen openings , the Dining Rm Open still has a tiny Casing specified which caused no baseboard in my drawing....

I also noted some weird holes in the Corners of your baseboard but am not sure if that is an X9 issue with the X7 Plan?  there is some weirdness with the windows sills too but I suspect that is cos I don't have all the materials you have ......

9.JPG6.JPG7.JPG5.JPG

9 minutes ago, Chrisb222 said:

Looks fine here too...

Chris,   Is that in X7 ?  If so do you mind posting your video card model and driver version ?

This is what I get and can't seem to find an issue with the plan file.

Doorways X7.jpg

Mark,  I think I found a solution for you.  Change the wall type to Interior-4 and you will still have the problem but hit undo and when the wall rebuilds it seems to fix the problem.  Not sure why it works but if anyone else has some insight I sure would like to know.

Strange that the same plan file behaves differently for different users.  Possibly something in Preferences that is different ?

Ok something was really bothering me last time I looked at your file and I finally figured it out....  Could not quite place it at first but there was no option to frame your affected walls.  Your  "Fir Stud 16" OC" material used in your Interior-4.875 wall type is set to Area for the Material Type and this must be set to Framing. This was also set the same way in the default Interior-4 wall type so you may want to check through things carefully.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

Chris,   Is that in X7 ?  If so do you mind posting your video card model and driver version ?

This is what I get and can't seem to find an issue with the plan file.

Doorways X7.jpg

That was in X9 but I reopened it in X7 and it still looks fine for me.

8 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

Your  "Fir Stud 16" OC" material used in your Interior-4.875 wall type is set to Area for the Material Type and this must be set to Framing.

Not sure what you mean here, can you clarify?

There is definitely something weird going on. When I click on the Fir Stud layer of the wall definition, it says that layer is Bleached Ash?!?

5a746b05b7889_walltype.thumb.png.9e448aecbbe0c327b65de84592f0399b.png

Wow, thanks everyone for all of these replies - the notifications of which only arrived here this morning. Eric's definite problem isolation took care of it immediately, solving a problem that has been recurrent for me for some years now, so thanks very much again!

Mark

3 hours ago, Chrisb222 said:

There is definitely something weird going on. When I click on the Fir Stud layer of the wall definition, it says that layer is Bleached Ash?!?

Lol, yes - even though it spoofs the fir framing just fine in the dbx!

12 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

This was also set the same way in the default Interior-4 wall type so you may want to check through things carefully.

Yes, I see that this is an issue in all of the walls created from the start by modifying Interior-4