Controlling Framing Material Color?

HumbleChief

Title should read Framing 'Member' Color not 'Material.'

I have previously used the fascia color to control the color of the rafters but I have a plan that seems to choose random colors as the pic shows. I've rebuilt the roof planes and re-framed everything numerous times but I can't get the roof framing to behave consistently.

Also I know there's way to control the color of each member type but cannot find the magic location. Any help greatly appreciated.

post-302-0-35780100-1406747353_thumb.png

Plan here

RAFTERS 1.zip

Thanks Joe but it seems like the Layer Set controls the color of the plan display not the 3D display of the materials. For instance I can click on a rafter and choose the material color for the rafter but I can't find where to control all the rafters and their color. I've seen it done but can't find the dbx or material color location.

I have seen a video showing ceiling joists one color, rafters another, wall framing another, etc. VERY simple process but I can't remember where those controls are.

I was able to change the rafter defaults in the 'Framing Defaults' dbx. Re-built the framing and the colors are the same now. Fascia color had no control over the color - this time - and only on certain roof planes.

Seemed like there was another location that had more selection other than general, post, and rafter.

I was able to change the rafter defaults in the 'Framing Defaults' dbx. Re-built the framing and the colors are the same now. Fascia color had no control over the color - this time - and only on certain roof planes.

Seemed like there was another location that had more selection other than general, post, and rafter.

Larry,

The default materials for framing are set:

• In the Floor and Ceiling Structure Definition dialogs for floor and ceiling framing.

• In the Wall Type Definitions dialog for wall framing.

• In the Framing Defaults dialog for General Framing, Posts, and Rafters.

In a similar vein I like to change the color of the framing

with the Adjust Material Definition tool so that the walls

show with a little more "pop" when viewing a floor plan

in a 3D Doll House view.

post-126-0-13102100-1406871611_thumb.png