Flared Walls Joined At Corners?

Tony_Sterba

I have been asked to do a rendering for a home builder, and they have flared walls at the bottom third of all the walls in the front elevation.   I used a 3D polyline - created the shape I wanted, and stretched it to the length of the wall.  Now that I am at the corners - I have no idea what to do!  Is there a way (or a different way) to draw flared out walls and have them join nice and clean at the corners?  Or is this something I have to airbrush in once the final rendering is completed?

post-621-0-40251600-1406466586_thumb.jpg

post-621-0-70626400-1406466598_thumb.jpg

By "3D polyline" are you referring to a 3D molding polyline? If you are, I don't quite understand the problem. You should have no problem by using a 3D molding polyline of your profile, making the molding material the exterior siding surface and following around the outside of the house wall. By doing this your inside/outside corners and ends should look correct. If your molding profile extends up into your windows you might need to us a "shorten" variation of your molding profile under your windows. Possibility posting the plan will help clarify what you want.

I would use a molding poly-line (a 3D molding poly line is not necessary for this type of look). You draw a molding profile than when extruded downward from a plan view poly-line and as Larry said asign it with the siding material, Where you might have windows the poly-line would need to be set, height-wise to not interfere with wall penetrations (doors and windows).

DJP

Just to be perfectly clear....

1.  Create a Molding Profile that is the shape of the flare and add it to your library.

2.  Select the Exterior Room (just ouside the walls)

3.  Create a "Room Molding Polyline"

4.  Assign the Molding to the Room Molding Polyline (Base Molding - Extrude outside Polyline)

5.  Assign you siding material to that molding.

I finally got around to rendering this house - and your comments helped me out a bunch.  The methods mentioned above worked perfect and easy!!  Thank you!  I am an amateur Chief Architect user at best - and this really helped me out.