Window Box - Siding Under Issue

johnny

To create a window box currently, I simply draw the exterior walls in the shape i want, and then set the floor elevation of the window/seat/box at a different level - by distiguishing the area via room divider.  It works fine, but the issue I have is under the window seat an auto-generated wall is created without definable properties (appart from interior sheetrock) - as far as I can tell.

I've been getting around this by drawing a poly solid and applying siding texture - placing it manually over the area I need to hide the sheetrock.  I assume I have to be doing this wrong, so I thought I would draw a diagram to show the area I am having an issue with.

Thanks!

post-75-0-94458200-1406152196_thumb.png

Are you working in X6? If so, try using the window box tool in the window menu. There are a few things I don't like about this new tool but for the most part it is working well.

.....ah, i feel dumb.  Thx

Curious though what you dont like about the tool.....?  Worked great for what I was wanting to do.

I get frustrated by the lack of ability to resize the window seat using the dimension strings. I am very much used to adjusting wall positions using the dimensions. In order to position and size the window seat I end up placing some cad lines to snap and center to.

If you make your bay a separate room then you can use "cantilevered underside" in the materials section. the only problem is that you cant adjust the thickness thus sometimes you get some z-fighting with the flr jsts in the seat. You just have to turn off the flr joists in that view, to get what

you need.