MHVisualServices

Hand Drawn House Plans to AutoCAD

Updated 12-8-17

I have a client who had a set of hand drawn plans converted into AutoCAD to submit for plan check/approval.  They are missing certain components that need to be added, see "scope of work".  Have a dropbox folder for review if anyone is interested in bidding.  The completed set of CAD files will be given to an Idaho engineer for review and submission.

Attached are samples of the files.

W 3.pdf

W 1.pdf

w 4 - A.pdf

Letter Outlining Scope of Work.docx

17 hours ago, MHVisualServices said:

...it's already been approved by the city...

... lol HOW

18 hours ago, MHVisualServices said:

Here's the good part...it's already been approved by the city....they just need the plans in autoCAD.  :-) 

Los Angeles????? I don't think so.

Looks like a Hazing Ritual for the new Draftperson in the Office  :) 

the information is all there but it's no wonder the City want's it Cleaned up :)

I work by the Hour and I am not cheap :)

I just updated my post with a sample of AutoCAD files draw up by someone contracted by the client.  The scope of work letter states that a bunch of stuff was left out and certain calculations need to be changed.  I originally took one look at the hand drawn plans and went OH HELL NO!  Hope that this project won't be a crazy and first presented.  :)

On 12/8/2017 at 1:51 AM, MHVisualServices said:

Updated 12-8-17

I have a client who had a set of hand drawn plans converted into AutoCAD to submit for plan check/approval.  They are missing certain components that need to be added, see "scope of work".  Have a dropbox folder for review if anyone is interested in bidding.  The completed set of CAD files will be given to an Idaho engineer for review and submission.

Attached are samples of the files.

W 3.pdf

W 1.pdf

w 4 - A.pdf

Letter Outlining Scope of Work.docx

Hi,

We are a 15-year-old architectural drafting company based in Dallas having a full-fledged experience in AutoCAD, Revit, and Chief Architect. We can give quick turnarounds without compromising quality and that too on a reasonable price.

We would like to get in touch with you regarding your projects. If possible please let me know a suitable time to get you on a call or you can share the project details on the undermentioned e-mail ID so that we can proceed accordingly.

Gregory Thomas
gregory@bluent.com
(917) 793-5932

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CaptainEric
    Newest Member
    CaptainEric

• By PvdPol
      Dear all,

I'm new to the forums and i've tried to find my way in the already existing topics, such as
      - https://www.chiefarchitect.com/products/sysreq.html
      - https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/21934-hardware-recommendations/?tab=comments#comment-179153

I could not find an answer yet, hopefully some of you can help me out.
      I am currently struggling with Chief Architect Premier, ray traces are really slow at 1080P (1 pass takes like 15-30 min)
      Also working for in PBR is making my system really really slow and it is getting frustrating.
      My model is not complex and I think I need an hardware upgrade.

Current machine (Notebook - April 2014)
      X•BOOK 15CL56 NVIDIA GTX770m 3GB, Full HD (+/- 20000 3DMARK) Intel® CoreTM i7-4710MQ (6M Cache, up to 3.50 GHz) - 47Watt (Quadcore) 16GB DDR3L (1600MHz)
        New system specifications (not bought yet)
      AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Boxed MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max Crucial Ballistix Sport LT BLS2K16G4D30AESB  (32GB Ram) Intel 660p 1TB Solidstate drive Graphic card? Nvidia? Any Advice?  
      I think the 32 GB of memory is already an overkill, not sure if this is needed.
      But I'm mostly wondering regarding the choice of CPU and Graphics card

Is this a good setup? What kind of performance improvements can I expect? What would be your advice?

Thank you!

Regards,
      Peter

• By Tdgdesign
      Hi
      I have doen all of my cross sections and details in AutoCAD and am trying tgo import into Chief. Everything comes across great except for my text formatting - if I dont explode my text in CAD prior Chief doesn't see it at all and by exploding it I loose all my formatting. There is ALOT of text to deal with. Anyone here know of a workaround for this? Thanks!
    • By JanHalter
      Hi there!  I have been searching for a bit, and attempted a few things to no avail.  Anyone have a step by step tutorial (or is it just not possible?) on how to at the very least import an existing title block from Revit or CAD to Chief?  I am far from proficient in Chief at this point and wondering if it's possible.   We want to make sure the title block matches our Revit sheets exactly...in case we have to draw something in one program vs. another in the same CD set.

I tried exporting to .dwf from Revit and importing into the layout page, however it doesn't allow me to import that file type into the main layout page.

Also, am I blind? I can't figure out where to put my signature...so I just typed info below.

Janea
      Rafter P Construction
      Cheif ArchitectX10
    • By CarpenterCurt
      I have actually searched for this topic and do not seem to find anything.  When putting an estimate together with the materials lists how does Chief orient the drywall?(if at all)  In the real world it all depends on the situation and whether it is commercial or residential.  I am trying to get the materials lists as accurate as possible so there is less take off work to do in the end.  If I switch from 8'  to 12' sheets does the program lay them out horizontally and get a sheet count, or does it just take the total square feet and divide it into sheets that way depending on what is on the wall layer materials selection?  My guess is the latter since I have not seen any option or toggle anywhere.  Thanks in advance.
    • By Haskellf
      In South Florida, homes are prominently constructed out of concrete blocks, metal studs & beams, concrete headers/lentils/beams, and wooden trusses. Which software would you recommend that would be best suited for concrete home construction? 
      Also, I can't find any training videos for CA that uses concrete blocks and therefore I wanted to ask you all if you know of any videos or tutorials for CA... Or maybe one of the aforementioned software would be better suited for concrete block construction?