skirby19

Freezing when closing Library Browser

I'm using Chief Premier X9

Build: 19.3.1.8x64

2 errors below. Please download my project file and see if this happen. This started once I did the latest update. Is there a way to revert to my previous build?

Error 1

1. Open project file
  2. Open Library Browser
  3. Select any item but do not place on the plan
  4. Close Library Browser
  5. File Freezes. But I'm still able to use the cursor to save the file etc. and then I close the program and repeat to try to figure it out.

Error 2

1. Open any item on the plan. e.g. Fixture, Wall, etc...
  2. Click on LABEL and it will not open. FILL STYLE won't open either.  All the rest will open fine.

Plan_-_Webb[3]_auto_save.plan

Every thing appears to functioning fine for me.  Have you tried rebooting your computer or dumping your temp files ?

Not sure what to suggest unless there are more conditions you have not shared.

• Upvote 1

Ok. Thanks for confirming it's on my end. I'll do some more trial and error to fix it on my end.

You can always give tech support a call if you can't find anything obvious.

On 10/3/2017 at 0:20 PM, skirby19 said:

I'm using Chief Premier X9

Build: 19.3.1.8x64

2 errors below. Please download my project file and see if this happen. This started once I did the latest update. Is there a way to revert to my previous build?

Were you able to resolve this issue? I'm having the exact same problem.

2 minutes ago, StudConstruction said:

Were you able to resolve this issue? I'm having the exact same problem.

Are you running a Nvidia Card as it may be related to your video driver.  Please add to your signature and also update if you are now using X9.

1 minute ago, Chopsaw said:

Are you running a Nvidia Card as it may be related to your video driver.  Please add to your signature and also update if you are now using X9.

I am running Nvidia GeForece GTX 1060. Also, the signature has been updated, thanks for the reminder.

There have been some issues with Nvidia drivers recently but I believe it has been more of an issue with the 900 series cards but it might be worth looking into.  Mick has been on top of the issue and I believe his thread may have been a response to the library issue but would have to search back for that thread.

Thanks Chopsaw, personally I have not installed the X9 .8 update I am still on .7  due to these issues and I am not sure if you can just re-run the .7 Installer and have it "modify" or "Repair" the Install or if you need to do a Complete uninstall and re-install.  X9 .8 was only supposed to include a Menu Change in the Manage License Drop Down according to the Official Post , but there seem to be a few too many Library Issues reported for that to be the only Change. I don't think there was an Update PDF for .8 either as the menu change was all it was supposed to contain.

Some, particularly on Laptops are also having Issues in 3D windows , with the Cursor and in some cases Opening the Labels Tab of any DBX. Nvidia Drivers 382.05 and 390.65 seem to fix this issue in the 388.xx Series Drivers. Chief is aware of this Issue , but so far no reported Fix except changing the Drivers, and disable Microsoft Update so it doesn't reinstall a Bad Driver version. See the other thread ( linked above) for more info on that.

M.