Stairs don't show on second floor plan

spbreslin

The stairs going between the floors on my plan don't show on the second floor plan. The stair has a breakline to show a powder room on the first floor tucked under the stair. No matter which radio button I select in the floor above section of the stair configuration dialog, no stairs show on the second floor. I have also turned on the stair details layer with no effect. Any suggestions? 

There are two ways to do what you want:

1. The method Perry suggested above or

2. You can copy-paste the stair objects into a blank plan, and then export that plan view to a .dwg or .dxf file to import back into your original. Then you import the 2D drawing back into your original plan placing the 2D block lining it up above the 3D stairs using the "Reference Display" tool to do so. This is the only practical way to do this when the stairs are exterior and you want them to be visible on the second floor where no "Open Below" room is possible.

DJP

32 minutes ago, DavidJPotter said:

2. You can copy-paste the stair objects into a blank plan, and then export that plan view to a .dwg or .dxf file to import back into your original. Then you import the 2D drawing back into your original plan placing the 2D block lining it up above the 3D stairs using the "Reference Display" tool to do so. This is the only practical way to do this when the stairs are exterior and you want them to be visible on the second floor where no "Open Below" room is possible.......

I think another solution is put the stairs  (if they are in fact exterior stairs),  on their own layer called STAIRS EXTERIOR,  they should show on first floor and to have them show on the second floor, use the ref sets.

3 hours ago, DavidJPotter said:

Never thought of that one Scott, thanks.

DJP

No worries....  it works great unless you have a 3 story and then.....?  hence the MMRLS...... but that is another story......  I am busy  taking small bites and CA is doing a good job of cutting up my pieces of meat to bite size   portions........  sometimes I wish they would  feed me more bite size portions.....  but it will happen......  Grasshopper must be patient........