Gable Wall/Attic Wall Issues

Anna_Gorres

Hello!

In the attached file, please take a look at my West Exterior Dimension. Why is my gable wall being sliced (to not show the siding layer)? 

So...that's another problem; my file is too large to upload. Any tips on what to purge or how to compress my file? 

Eric,

Are the alignment issues mostly with the roof design? I've been using Chief for a little less than a year. While I've learned a lot, there is still a lot to learn!

I have not yet upgraded to X9, as I was worried it may cause issues to my current projects. When I upgrade, will I still have access to X8? 

Eric,

Thank you so much for all of your feedback. May I bother you for one more questions. What should I research to fix my wall alignment issues? 

This project has been one issue after another, so I'll keep it in X8 for now...We don't need anything else to delay the timeline. :) 

Thanks, much!

Anna-

To follow up on Eric's point- Get used to checking alignment  from the first floor up and down by using align with wall above / below tool.

Also use reference display to verify proper alignment.

Just like real world construction- if it's off on the bottom it will be WAY off at the top.;)

15 minutes ago, javatom said:

I do not want them deleted. 

You can turn off (Uncheck) "Auto Rebuild Walls and Ceilings" in "3D Preferences" at any time which will stop Chief from auto rebuilding walls and ceilings as well as attic walls but I DO NOT  recommend you get into a habit of doing this as you will regret it later. I suggest you do as Eric recommended and "Just get used to how Chief is Programmed to work" and work with it as it is. That is what I do.

DJP

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/12/2017 at 2:12 PM, solver said:

This roof will also auto build.

58ee7c1546855_anna3.thumb.jpg.b918dc7f0702b3116e29f3815b26e3b3.jpg

On 4/14/2017 at 0:55 PM, solver said:

An idea I had for an alternate roof design. Not sure I like it after seeing it modeled.

58f16212e5854_anna7.thumb.jpg.2ffbafd65809b597bab96fa27142304a.jpg

58f14cabee82c_anna6.thumb.jpg.2bb8841ea68f6c9b67df7dc8262d4c84.jpg

I think these both look quite nice. I can see how improved the designs will be as I get to know chief better.