Sill Plate Corners/intersections

SNestor

Can anyone tell me why the sill plate corners don't come together?  Is there a wall setting that controls this...that I might be missing?  Or....is this just the way the program works?

Thanks for looking...

SILL PLATE CORNERS 1.jpg

Just a wild guess here but do you have retain wall framing checked on one or more of those walls? 

If so, the original wall is just obeying what you told it to do and one or more of the auto framed walls are auto framing to a new location based on newer plan iterations.  

12 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Just a wild guess here but do you have retain wall framing checked on one or more of those walls? 

If so, the original wall is just obeying what you told it to do and one or more of the auto framed walls are auto framing to a new location based on newer plan iterations.  

No...I don't have "retain framing" on...

A plan file is attached...maybe when/if you have time you can take a look.  It's not the end of the world...but, I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks

Plan - Sill Plate X9.plan

37 minutes ago, solver said:

Corners are missing from the ends of the back wall too.

Image shows that these are being drawn wrong -- see the overlap.

Snap112.jpg

I think the corner intersections are missing at every corner.  That's my point.  Is this normal Chief behavior...and if I want the corners to look correct I will have to manually edit?

Perry is right...it's not a big deal because it's not something that you would typically show in a set of ConDocs.   I'm just wondering if I have something set wrong.  

I took a quick glance at the plan but don't have the time to study it much further right now.  What you're seeing is definitely NOT normal Chief behaviour though.  If someone doesn't figure out whats wrong here in pretty short order I would definitely suggest you report it to tech support.

I created a simple plan using one of Chief's OOB plan templates.  I built the framing...all looked good.  The mud sill plates all met the corners.  The plate width was the OOB 5 1/2" width.    

I did some experimenting.  

- I started by specifying a 3 1/2" plate.  They plates did not meet in the corner.  

- I increased the width to 4"...and bingo.  The plates all met in the corners.  Crazy.  

It seems if the you specify a mud sill (in the foundation wall dbx) and it's width is 3 5/8" or less...the plates will not meet in the corners.  

This exercise did teach me that the plate specification in the foundation wall DBX controls the size/width/qty of the mud sill.  There is also a place to specify the "plate" in the wood frame wall DBX...which I think is there only if you are using a slab foundation.  I'm not sure...but this makes sense since you wouldn't typically be using an 8" concrete foundation wall if you were using a slab...

Looks like a glitch to me?

plate 3.5.pngplate 8.pngplate 6.png