Hiding or Supressing floors

marknohr

I'm remodeling an existing home. I drew up the existing layout and then created floors to represent where the new walls would go. I don;t want to regularly see the original floors and do not want them to be a part of framing ...

So how do I suppress these floors?

There's a couple of ways to do this:

1. Use a separate Plan File for Existing vs New
  2. Use Layers and separate Layer Sets to show Existing, Demo & Remodel.

There are some other ways such as using a CAD Detail From View to document the existing, but I prefer one of the above, depending on the project.

That is an interesting concept for doing asbuilts and renos.

Try select the walls and making them Invisible, No Room Definition and No Locate.

I suspect that this method will bring up further complications though, and make it inpractical.

15 hours ago, glennw said:

I suspect that this method will bring up further complications though, and make it inpractical.

I agree with Glenn on this. As afore suggested use two plan files (as built and remodel). Demo walls can be shown as a 2D CAD export from the as built plan placed on a custom layer named "Demo Walls". 2D CAD will not interfere with your 3D model which is predicated on using 3D walls.

DJP

3 hours ago, marknohr said:

I hope Chief will eventually support a feature/layer/floor suppression feature.

Layers can be turned off - Floors/levels can't.

If you set up Annosets and Layer Sets for the kind of work you do - it should be fairly easy. You will need Layers for Existing, Demolition and New (Walls, Doors, Windows, etc.)