Kenneth_Miller

Frieze boards

TO all,

Any advise as to why this is happening?  See attached.  I don't want a boxed eave but can't get the frieze boards to connect.

Thank you in advance.

Screenshot 2017-02-23 15.32.20.png

KM, it may be something simple, but I haven't had that issue before. The CA-guru's on the forum may just pop the answer out without further-a-do, however some might respond that if you'd post the plan it might be quicker / easier to get the answer.? Also, if you use this Forum much it will be good if you go to your signature, and add the software you are currently using, just a thought;)

You might try adding a corner board to see what happens.

BUILD>TRIM>CORNER BOARDS 

Posting your plan is the best way to get help.

I'll guess there is an invisible wall there, but it's just a guess because you have not posted the plan.

This is also a guess.  Maybe the eaves and gable end to not match.  Make sure they snap to each other.

open the dbx for the main roof go to "options" and uncheck boxed eave.

You also have a problem on the roof plane on the right side.  Make it have the same fascia height and it will look right (keep pitch locked).

Your also using a roof plane as a ceiling plane.  There is a separate tool for ceiling planes.

If you set the 2nd floor front wall to Balloon Through Ceiling Above, that fixes the trim, and lets you mull the door and window above.

Kenneth_Miller.jpg

To all,

Thank you all for your replies.  Unfortunately I can not get any of these to work.  Also, it will not let me mull the half round and doors.

Attached is the plan file for this issue.

Thank you all in advance.

Freize Board issue.plan

Did you auto build the roof? That alone should clean up the roof issues.

Did you change the front wall to Balloon Through Ceiling Above? That should allow you to select the window and door and mull them.

solver,

I auto built the hip roof and it works fine but when I add the front gable, the frieze boards detach.  The front walls are Ballon Through Ceiling Above.

See screenshot.

Screenshot 2017-02-24 14.59.51.png

The plan you uploaded looks like the one from yesterday.

You will need to delete and then replace the window after changing the wall setting.

I'm using X9, so there may be some differences.

Kenneth_Miller 1.jpg

Kenneth_Miller 2.jpg

Kenneth_Miller 3.jpg

I have had that happen to me before. I sent to Chief Jan 2016.  There was no solution. Here is a portion of their response

"I will report this to our developers so that they are aware of the issue, and maybe they can fix it in a future update/release."

19 minutes ago, Kenneth_Miller said:

See screenshot.

Screenshot 2017-02-24 14.59.51.png

Notice the dark horizontal line across the wall above the door? That's showing that the upper (attic) wall is still there.

Just now, AlwaysEastern said:

"I will report this to our developers so that they are aware of the issue, and maybe they can fix it in a future update/release."

Sadly, that seems to be their response to everything.

Eric, I was actually able to get it to work by ballooning just as you stated. My original problem had boxed eaves and a crown molding below on gables and eaves.

Chief support stated: "I tried this in X7 and it did the same thing. The issue seems to be specific to the boxed eaves. I believe the program is not mitering the eaves correctly."

To all,

Still struggling with it but may just need to update to X9.  If I don't use boxed eaves the soffit is sloped and I don't see the frieze board.  I'll keep trying.

Thank you,

Here's a quick video with a workaround you can use when no other solution seems to fix the problem.  In short though...unlock the roof trim layer and manually modify the molding...

• Upvote 2

Unlocking the trim and adjusting it gets mixed results and if you have to snap that roof plane to a new element it will generate another frieze board with the same problem.  If you're going to go manual, it is faster to create a p solid and turn the frieze off for the roof planes in question.

I am with Michael here, if you once detach the freeze board manually as Michael has shown, then you don't need the auto generated one, so you should select roof planes and in their dbxs you are able to remove the auto generated freeze boards for good.

That's a good tip.  It will not regenerate again if it is shut off.