Raised Foundation and Garage Slab? How To?

HumbleChief

4 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

Here is my take on it very simple

Yep.  That's the method I showed in my first video.  I just added a couple steps to adjust the footer offset and then to clean up this one minor detail in the back left hand corner of the garage.

Just my observation but Perry is showing the goal of getting a section drawing complete and the model 90% done (good enough perhaps) and Michael is showing to get every part of foundation modeled to match what is wanted...and that does require some amount of work-around.

Right?

2 hours ago, johnny said:

Just my observation but Perry is showing the goal of getting a section drawing complete and the model 90% done (good enough perhaps) and Michael is showing to get every part of foundation modeled to match what is wanted...and that does require some amount of work-around.

Right?

I think we both actually used the same method I did in my first video.  Essentially we just unchecked monolithic slab foundation, adjusted a few height settings, and fixed some wall alignment issues.  I just made it seem more complicated because I was trying to explain a few of the intricacies in a bit more detail and ended up unnecessarily rebuilding the foundation during that process.  I also added some steps right at the end there to clean up some extra details as you say.

Having said that, once I gave it a little more consideration I definitely think the method I went over in my second video is far superior.  Here's one last video that hopefully clarifies a couple things for you (and others)...

I was just trying to do it automatically, you can just offset the footing in the garage to match the stem wall also automatically., isn't that better then workarounds? There does come a time when you need to shut off auto foundations and manually fix but not in this simple design.