Floor truss displays at incorrect height on cross section

jlctspaces

Hello,

I am a beginner using Chief X8 and its got me stumped.  The plan I am working on is a rambler with a basement and 18" floor trusses.  When I add a floor truss to the plan and open a cross section the truss displays at the wrong height.  The top of the truss is flush with the top of the subfloor plywood and there is a gap between the bottom of the truss and the drywall.  If I change the truss to an I joist it displays at the correct height.  What am I missing?

Thanks,

Josh C.

Just guessing without seeing the plan but you may have adjusted some settings after building the floor truss. If that is a possibility then select a truss and open it and force it to rebuild and see if anything changes in your elevation view.

Okay, I can't figure this out.  I have attached a pdf cad drawing of what I actually want and the plan that I am working on.  The plan is a bit of a mess right now since I have been trying so many different things.  I tried a simple sample plan to accomplish what I want and that didn't work for me either.  What am I doing wrong here?  I cannot for the life of me get the floor trusses display at the correct height.  If I change to joists its fine but the top of the floor truss keeps displaying level with the top of subfloor.

Thanks  

Suerer cross section 1:14.pdf

Suerer_Bath_towards_front_Concept_auto_save.plan

Look at the strange behavior I get when I draw a floor truss in your plan.

While the image of the truss seems to be rectilinear (and at the incorrect elevation), the envelope of truss is skewed when selected, with a correct top elevation underneath the wall, but skewing to 3/4" high out in the floor area.

Someone more talented than me is going to have to analyze where you went wrong in drawing this thing.  I cannot replicate your result starting with a simple plan.

2017-01-14_1124.png

Still can't figure it out it.  I did transform/replicate to lower it and I got it to work once.  Now when I try to lower it it just skews the envelope of the truss even more.  The actual truss isn't affected though.  The attached screen shot is after I tried to lower it by 1' for an example.  

Screen Shot 2017-01-16 at 9.03.05 PM.png

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Newest Member

• By BlueLines
      In X13, the drawings are complete and I wanted to copy the Layout for a new Layout Template.  You can see the whole sheet with plans, drawings, notes and titleblock in the THUMBNAIL view but when I try to show / open the Layout page itself, nothing appears.  This is true for all 3 "master template" Layouts that I created.  They Layout file and Plan file is too large to attach.  I'm sure I'm missing a simple step but please help!  See attachment screenshot.

• By AndrewSopher
      Hello,

I have been working on a stepped foundation and was wondering why in the cross section for the foundation it does not display the entire wall length? It seems to extend only until the perpendicular wall intersects it. I was wondering if there is a way to change this and if not what are the easiest ways around this or to accurately measure it in the floor plan view. I attached an image (in this case there is a 4'' gap on the left side and a 3'' gap on the right side of the screenshot). Thanks. 
    • By Csnrv2019
      The plan I have attached is currently a mess and I am in the process of cleaning and finalizing, however I am having issue with creating a foundation wall that allows a 24 inch floor truss to be set inside the foundation wall along with using a 8inch block and then using 4 inch block on the top 2 courses. Has anyone ever accomplished this? TIA, Mike

2021-10-13 Curtis Plan to Chief Help.zip
    • By toucanskeleton
      Why does it looks like we're in a dark room? No matter which rendering technique I choose (except for "Vector View" or "Line Drawing"), it comes out looking way too dim, and none of the sliders/settings seem to be able to brighten it up. Is this just how it is?

• By LongTermDev
      I'm having an issue where the framing members for a flat roof (1/4" slope) over a porch are not displaying correctly in the cross section. My default setting for rafter size and the specification in the roof plane dialogue for that roof plane are set to 5 1/2", but it always draws the cross section as a 2x4. If I select any of the framing members individually and open the dialogue box, it says it's 5 1/2". The trusses and framing for the rest of the house all come in correctly. Any quick thoughts come to mind?

also, Is it better to upload a screen shot showing the problem or the whole file on here?