Archive file location

DBearss

My C drive is a 500GB SSD and my secondary drive is a!TB and is where I keep all my files that are not program or OS related. The archive file keeps getting larger and eating space on the SSD. I would like to locate on my D drive. Is there a way to change the archive directory?

Sorry, I wouldn't mess around with that, Chief like to put it where they want it ,,for some reason, and I can't find a way just to move that folder, but you might be able to move the whole" my Data folder" which moves everything. Haven't tried that so be careful. It also in preferences --folder location.

I started with ver 9.5

I spent 30 years as a systems analyst/programmer and was use to putting things where I wanted them

tried doing it Chief

each time I called tech support they blamed it on my having moved things

by ver X1 I gave up and always let Chief store things where it wants to

get use to it - not worth the fight :(

Lew

You can change the default directory, it shouldn't be a problem. Just do the following:

- Close or quit Chief.

- Copy your 'Documents\Chief Architect Premier XX Data' directory to your secondary drive.(preferably somewhere near the root to avoid long path names.)

- Open Chief and set the preference that Perry pointed out.

- Re-launch Chief.

Hi Kirk,

Thanks for that but after considering I am going to stick with Keeping Data directory on  my SSD for performance. I will just plan on managing my archives manually during my regular housekeeping.