LeeDrafter

Room dimension labels not rounding consistantly

Hi All,

I am working on townhomes that are exactly the same on both sides. I need the room dimension labels to be the same on my "advertising" plans or people will get confused and wonder why they are different. The actual dimensions are exactly the same, but I don't want to show people all the dimension lines for advertising. As you can see in the attached, both living rooms are actually 13' 10-1/2" X 16' 9-1/2". The room labels are rounding to 16'8" on one side and 16'-9" on the other side. I don't care if it rounds up or down, but I do need it to be the same on both sides. Does anybody know how to fix this? I am working in X5.

Thanks!

post-1365-0-13829400-1474661469_thumb.png

LOTS 112&113 BIGFORK LANDING.zip

That is the reason I do not use that tool, if you want them the same, then manually make them the same.

DJP

The plan you have attached is empty.  A zip file that's only 164 bytes can't have anything in it.  My guess is that you had the plan open when you tried to zip it. 

You may want to try reposting the plan to get a better answer then a random guess.

There is a possibility that your rooms are not really the same size.

There is also a possibility that this is something that works better in X8 then it does in X5.

There is also a possibility that this is something that the program needs to handle better.

No one is going to know for sure unless you post the plan.

Thanks for the replies. Still crossing my fingers that this is fixable so I don't have to remember to change the labels manually every time I make a change. I forsee myself missing a lot of corrections, but I suppose I would get used to it after a while. I have attached a better zip file. Thanks!

LOTS 112&113 BIGFORK LANDING.zip

This works better in X8.  The room dimensions are both rounding the same now.  You might want to consider upgrading.

Howdy Lee,

No problem here in X8 when changing dimension defaults to 1" rounding (Primary Format/Accuracy/Smallest Fraction).

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    JoeLighty
    Newest Member
    JoeLighty

• By Designer100
      Hi,
           I am trying to place columns and grid line with dimensions.
      I have to create on column circles and columns lines , then the dimensions will not place correctly to center usining manunel dimensinos (its leaves 12in on each side of column center lines.
      Chief Architect needs to be more friendly and have more commercial symbols and column lines to dimensions to them. They do have a commercial templet, but it does not have any of those.
      Plus they need commercial window details etc. I am donating this for a non-profit to design a rendering and another area added on the back of this building.I am donating a rendering of exterior to help them fund raise $300.000.00 (by December) to buy the exist. building and remodel adding finishes to look better and another 2,000 s.f. to it.

Can anyone help me on working out the Grid center lines and will measuring correctly? turn on background and existing bldg. is under neath. 

Thanks,

Newell
      CA Premier x 12

Porter Road Floor Plan existing.PDF
      Existing Building remodeling.Addition.plan
    • By sascea
      Does anyone know how to change the decimal under the story pole marker lines? I've attached a picture, it's the numbers circled in orange. I would like to get rid of them completely as some of my story pole markers are close together and this takes up extra space.

Thank you in advance!!

• By TCDLLC
      Hi, I am a Revit user converting to Chief. 
      When working with angled walls in Chief, I have not been able to lock a wall from moving when changing dimensions on connecting walls. 
      I am familiar with how to use the directional tools to move an end of an object to adjust its dimensions.
      When angled walls are off-angle, I can waste significant time adjusting the lengths of the angled walls and still not achieve the dimensions I need for all connecting walls.

The use case scenario is when I am drafting a plan using dimensions provided to me to create the build.  
      Of course, if I was creating a plan from scratch, I could probably avoid this situation.  

Any suggestions?
    • By wjmdes
      Not sure if this was an issue in X11, but in X12, I added "FIELD VERIFY" to Trailing Text under Segments and it also added "FIELD VERIFY" into the extension next to the elevation.  Fortunately, in this case, that is fine, but maybe an issue in the future.

• By Chiefusermickey
      Is there any way to force new objects such as a window, wall, or door to snap to the grid? I have my snap grid/snap unit set to 1". I would like for new items to be placed in the plan on a whole inch and not fractions. As it is I can drop in an object and the dimensions to it will be off the grid and not a whole number. I have to manually move the object to get the dimension to a whole number. I have attached an example of my problem. To many unwanted fractions.