Put windows to sleep after Rendering done

CBuserIndia

This, very likely, is not Chief Architect question, however if you guys have any tips for me, it will help alot.

We keep multiple views for rendering over night time. These usually get over in couple of hours time. Say for example my rendering will go on for next 5 hours. However I force my laptop to stay awake for whole night.

How do I make my laptop go-to Sleep after rendering is done.

Right now I am using Power option >> Sleep >> "Never" in windows settings.

We have multiple CA Interior 8 licenses. My team uses laptops with windows 8 & some with windows 10.

Please if you have any smart tips for my laptops to go sleep after work is done. How do you guys handle this situation ?

Thanks for help
Nitin

We are spending about 20-25 minutes to render single view. My team has got in to habit of completing design work & towards end of the day, keep 10-12 views for render. We use Standard Ray trace inbuilt inside Chief Architect Interior version.

Not all machines/config are same. Typical hardware we have is : Intel i5 3rd Gen CPU, 8GB RAM, 1 TB Hard drive, 2 GB Intel graphics Card

Thanks

Nitin

Nitin,

My PC sometimes requires about ten or fifteen minutes for professional looking renders using its Ray-Tracer function. What software do you have? What is your PC hardware like?

DJP

Is there a particular reason you need the computer to go to sleep after the Raytraces are finished. You can set the screen to turn-off, this will not affect your Raytracing. Once the Raytraces are complete your system won't really be doing anything so it is just idling, not much power consumption if that is what you are trying to achieve.

Graham

Is there a particular reason you need the computer to go to sleep after the Raytraces are finished. You can set the screen to turn-off, this will not affect your Raytracing. Once the Raytraces are complete your system won't really be doing anything so it is just idling, not much power consumption if that is what you are trying to achieve.

Graham

Thank you Graham, that sounds good.