Plot Plan

timmy123

Hi all,

I want to see the plan foot print from all floor levels on the plot plan. I have created a layer set with the name plot plan and in it I can see the  floor 0 footprint on the contours. However, I cannot see simultaneously floor 0, 1, 2. 

Lew - I'm guessing you meant me - I guess when the forum moved my signature went away, I fixed it, heres a pic.

The dashed stuff is a view to CAD from the as built plan. I turn off almost all the layers, set everything to dashed (I have a layerset) then view to CAD.

In CAD I shift select and block everything, E-FLR-1, E-FLR-2 and so on. 

I then copy\paste (hold position) the CAD block into the plan, sent to the bak, on a locked layer (layer set again).

Once the as built is complete, I save, then save as the new plan. As I demo a wall, it uncovers the screened dashe wall\door\windows, leaving a demo plan.

It would be equally easy to superpose a stack of floor plans, showing whatever info, lineweight and color, onto a site plan, very similar effect to the advanced use of reference layers sets in LAyout, but able to address multiple stories. You could view to CAD the first floor roof plan, paste them into the second floor plan, then either reference or view to cad the 3rd floor roof. Or display all 3 floors of a split level. Or whatever.

post-372-0-33797300-1401332775_thumb.jpg

P - I've tried the reference layer sets for roof planes - I definitely think that's the way to go in that case. I've seen your use of them and I love the way it looks.

I don't know how I'd use them for a demo plan? Is there a way to reference another plan? That would be pretty neat - a reference layerset that could look at floor 1 of another plan and display it on floor 1 of the curretn plan.

I've tried different things for demo plans over the years - a defined "demo" wall type for instance, but never found anything that worked as well as the CAD.

When you do an addition or remodel do you saves the existing plan separate from  the new?

Do you include an "Existing Plan" in your layout set?

I see dashed line walls in your attachment, are those demolition?

A demo plan is easy using anno-sets. Look at Scott's video's on Demo plans.

I have 2 separate plans for additions, existing and new. The existing plan is shown on my layouts also.

The dashed lines are just walls that use a dotted line, I like to mainly show the roof

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

I am new to CH. I am trying to create a site plan. I have my survey attached. Can anyone point me in the direction of some literature or video that can help me get my plot plan into my current floor plan?

I have followed some instructions (both video and online help). However, they are from different versions and don't really explain how to position the lines and arcs that will get me the same results as my survey.

I am running CA Premier X6

Please help if you can.

Thanks.

Sheldon

post-1852-0-61655300-1406872785_thumb.jpg

Sheldon,

You should probablyu start a new thread for your question, however...

What I have done in the past is simply import the survey image and trace over it with CAD lines, arcs, boxes, etc.  You can adjust for the correct proportions once you have the shape drawn up. 

Sheldon:

You don't necessarily have to trace as your survey has MOST of the necessary data. Just use the input line and input arc tools.

I found that your survey does not close, probably because the arcs are not truly tangent to their starting points and no cord direction is given, but it's very close. Either the surveyor omitted cord direction or just approximated. You can close the survey by just extending a line. The Lengths will be within a few tenths.

Chief is very finicky about connecting curved lines so try the connect line tools if you have trouble there. You'll get a area measurement if all are connected, then convert to a terrain.