faithbldr

Front porch with railing on flat roof

Faith, your question is leaving a little too much to the imagination. For a better chance at getting a clear answer you can post the plan plus  some images of what you are trying to achieve and where you are having problems in the model. Without those basic elements your question borders on being a Koan.

...... Without those basic elements your question borders on being a Koan.

Who knew Alan Lehman knew the definition of such exoteric words

ko·an

ˈkōän/
noun

1. a paradoxical anecdote or riddle, used in Zen Buddhism to demonstrate the inadequacy of logical reasoning and to provoke enlightenment.

I think it is more esoteric than exoteric. 

That is, it is a word that is not meant to be known but by a handful of people that are in that particular field of endeavor.

Andy.

I think it is more esoteric than exoteric. 

That is, it is a word that is not meant to be known but by a handful of people that are in that particular field of endeavor.

Andy.

Nuts,  I am in the midst of some pretty smart guys.

Hi I'm looking for other members in the Northern Virginia area, to possibly working together on building plan sets.  Anyone interested?

• Downvote 1

Jwatson, this isn't the area you post such a question in. Try the "Seeking Services" or "Local User's Group" Section of this forum, rather than hijacking someone else's post.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Floriance
    Newest Member
    Floriance

• By blueriver
      I have a persistent problem with gaps in my porch ceilings in between the finished surface and the underside of the roof structure.  I know it has to be a setting i have wrong but i cannot figure it out! Current project is a barndominium with a gable porch. 
      Thanks in advance

• By ChiefArchitect
      An enclosed porch can be a welcome reprieve from the blazing sun in the summer months, and provide a protected cove during cooler times.
    • By joeyp42690
      Wanting to do this on a wrap around porch. But don’t know how to get the rafters to be seen.I turned the ceiling off and just shows plywood on the underside.

• By Lorenchief
      Does anyone have direction on where to look in creating a covered screened in porch above a flat roof garage? The garage proposed is a 2 car and client wants the porch to be half the roof above and the other half deck over the second further car from house. The entry into the covered porch is off the DR of the floor above. It's a split level home and elevation drops off in back enough to get the cars under the proposed porch/deck. I tried by creating piers in the garage and a beam to rest the gable end of the porch on between the cars below.  I then built exterior walls and thought I'd introduce multiple Combination Screen Dooor company's doors as fixed panels. Of course they don't have an object I can use, nor are there any screen doors. I thought I'd place a two panel door and replace the panels with screen, but again no screen material in library. Any thoughts to this goal or shedding light on the obvious would be much appreciated.
      Thanks.
    • By MN_JohnH
      How do I fix the terrain under this covered screen porch?