Is it possible to switch a plan from imperial to metric?

ladycoralie

You can switch the Primary Dimension Format Units to metric and your existing and new dimensions will change from metric to imperial. 

But this doesn't change the database units, only the dimension units.

ie, all the dbx's and other sizes will remain imperial.

You can copy and paste between a metric and an imperial plan, but the correct scaling will be lost.

• Upvote 1

You can switch the Primary Dimension Format Units to metric and your existing and new dimensions will change from metric to imperial. 

But this doesn't change the database units, only the dimension units.

ie, all the dbx's and other sizes will remain imperial.

You can copy and paste between a metric and an imperial plan, but the correct scaling will be lost.

Thanks mate. How do you do that?

Coralie,

The easiest way to get to the current dimension default is to double click the Manual Dimension toolbar icon (as long as Edit Active Default on Double Click is toggled on).  

You can also display both imperial and metric dimensions at the same time by checking Include Second Format on the Secondary Format panel and selecting a metric unit.

If you want to work in metric you should really use a metric template.

Aren't you in Australia?

post-106-0-07045700-1471506198_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Thanks Guys. Chopsaw, your method worked for me. Thanks. Turned it all to metric.

Hi Glenn. I was using one of the Chief sample plans and modified it to suit our conditions better, but it was all in imperial, so I needed to swap it to metric. I have made the change to creating mine in metric recently as I'm getting ready to send off to suppliers for quotes. Thanks for the tips on dimension lines.

Cheers

Coralie