Sign in to follow this  
morkas

Truss Schedule

I can see when I open the truss detail that I get an image of the truss and the label showing the truss number, but what about the actual dimensions?  Please don't tell me that it's as easy as something unchecked in my layers.  I've been searching and watching videos all day. :/

post-12299-0-65780800-1470959018_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

I am pretty sure it is going to require manual dimensions. I personally don't need to dimension trusses as that is all done at truss manufacturer's.

• Upvote 1

I think this would be a nice feature, even if the pitch would just show up automatically. Really it would be nice if we could get an auto-dimension on the pitch, the heel height, and spots where pitch changes, and dimensions of tray ceilings/steps, etc. With this truss automatically configuring itself I assume there could be some kind of vector/vertex based generation anyway, so potentially these parameters could be hooked into and automatically show up on the drawing/truss schedule

Open and place a framing schedule. Open the schedule DBX and uncheck everything but the roof truss. Rename truss schedule and boom....your done. Take 2 mins.

• Upvote 1

If you place the Framing Schedule directly in a Truss Detail it will be just about perfect.  You can suppress the Title since it will only apply to that particular truss.  Some manual dims and you've got just about anything you could need.

Hey Joe -

Thanks for that, you've always got really good hints so I appreciate all your help!

The 'Truss Schedule' does seem to help quite a bit. Only a few items are missing: Heel Height, Overhang Depth, maybe top-chord depth... also seems limited to only one pitch (multiple pitch trusses would only have the major pitch listed it seems). 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Oilersfan20
    Newest Member
    Oilersfan20

• By wjmdes
      Not sure if this was an issue in X11, but in X12, I added "FIELD VERIFY" to Trailing Text under Segments and it also added "FIELD VERIFY" into the extension next to the elevation.  Fortunately, in this case, that is fine, but maybe an issue in the future.

• By Chiefusermickey
      Is there any way to force new objects such as a window, wall, or door to snap to the grid? I have my snap grid/snap unit set to 1". I would like for new items to be placed in the plan on a whole inch and not fractions. As it is I can drop in an object and the dimensions to it will be off the grid and not a whole number. I have to manually move the object to get the dimension to a whole number. I have attached an example of my problem. To many unwanted fractions. 
    • By DRyeHD
      I've created a cathedral ceiling over a living room but cannot get the trusses to span across all of it.  Per the attachment, they begin properly at the back of the living room, cross the peak of the cathedral ceiling, then stop at a roof pitch change.  I've tried rejoining the roof planes and ceiling planes but am not able to figure out why the truss stops at the roof pitch change.  My truss top chord is 7 1/8" for insulation purposes. Any ideas or suggestions?  I will send the plan file if needed.

• By Christhebuilder
      I don't have the option for auto interior dimensions available in the dimension drop down menu. Am I missing a setting that makes its available? Auto exterior is there, NKAB is there, Just not auto interior. What am I missing? 
    • By DeckQuestions
      I need my CA walls to match these drawn measurements, but I'm having trouble getting both the diagonal-wall-length and horizontal-wall-to-horizontal-wall dimensions to agree. I think it's because CA can't/won't automatically alter the angle of the diagonal wall.

Is there a way to get everything where I want it without eyeballing and manually fine tuning the the angle?