DianeP

cycle through recently used electrical components

I can't remember the key(s) to use to cycle forward on the last electrical components used. I know esc key goes backwards.  Can anyone help me remember the key to go forward?

Any other short cuts you use to make the tedious task of electrical layout page simpler.  If so, please share.  It is my least enjoyable part of a project.

I have hot keys set up for the electrical item placement. E,S = switch   E,L = light  E,R = outlet (receptacle) E,C = connection

I have hot keys set up for the electrical item placement. E,S = switch   E,L = light  E,R = outlet (receptacle) E,C = connection

Great idea, I will look up how to set hot keys. Thanks!

Geez, I hate to sound like a broken record about multi-button mice, but thru button mapping I have taken a lot of the pain out of wiring a home.  (with the exception of the wild connect arcs)

Just like Alan I have created hot keys, assigned to my mouse - see the attached picture.  Unlike Alan I needlessly complicated the hot key combination - the final letter points to the function like c - for connect, t - for 220 o - for outlet, etc.   I also include 1 for break which I occasionally use to tame the arcs. 

post-59-0-05000100-1470847633_thumb.jpg

Geez, I hate to sound like a broken record about multi-button mice, but thru button mapping I have taken a lot of the pain out of wiring a home.  (with the exception of the wild connect arcs)

Just like Alan I have created hot keys, assigned to my mouse - see the attached picture.  Unlike Alan I needlessly complicated the hot key combination - the final letter points to the function like c - for connect, t - for 220 o - for outlet, etc.   I also include 1 for break which I occasionally use to tame the arcs. 

Wow, looks like that would work well but there would be a learning curve for me.  I am such a creature of habit with my left and right click mouse that has a scroll wheel.  Did it take you long to adjust?

Adjusting to mouse wasn't too difficult, it was memorizing the tool locations on the mouse.  I just kept a cheat sheet in front of me until it became rote.