cycle through recently used electrical components

DianeP

Go to solution Solved by Gawdzira,

Geez, I hate to sound like a broken record about multi-button mice, but thru button mapping I have taken a lot of the pain out of wiring a home.  (with the exception of the wild connect arcs)

Just like Alan I have created hot keys, assigned to my mouse - see the attached picture.  Unlike Alan I needlessly complicated the hot key combination - the final letter points to the function like c - for connect, t - for 220 o - for outlet, etc.   I also include 1 for break which I occasionally use to tame the arcs. 

post-59-0-05000100-1470847633_thumb.jpg

Geez, I hate to sound like a broken record about multi-button mice, but thru button mapping I have taken a lot of the pain out of wiring a home.  (with the exception of the wild connect arcs)

Just like Alan I have created hot keys, assigned to my mouse - see the attached picture.  Unlike Alan I needlessly complicated the hot key combination - the final letter points to the function like c - for connect, t - for 220 o - for outlet, etc.   I also include 1 for break which I occasionally use to tame the arcs. 

Wow, looks like that would work well but there would be a learning curve for me.  I am such a creature of habit with my left and right click mouse that has a scroll wheel.  Did it take you long to adjust?

• 4 years later...
On 11/12/2020 at 1:48 PM, rlackore said:

On 8/10/2016 at 9:57 AM, Gawdzira said:

I have hot keys set up for the electrical item placement. E,S = switch   E,L = light  E,R = outlet (receptacle) E,C = connection

I hate when I don't notate what I did so I can refer back to it.  I did create these hot keys for library symbols, Now I want to create more for other things in the library that I use often.  I can't figure out how I did it.  Any help is much appreciated.  Thanks!!!

Sorry about the second quote.  I had two saved somehow and I can't see how to remove the other one. 

Combination of hot keys, mice keys with the hot keys and in the MEP configuration custom place library keys tied to predefined electrical items in my user library.  Makes very short work out of an electrical plan.  I have come to enjoy doing the electrical sheets.