CheifTalk "locking up"?

Larry_Sweeney

I'm using Internet Explorer. I've noticed lately (today and I think last night--it was a late night) that when I go from the new Chieftalk back to the legacy Chieftalk and then backtrack into our "new Chieftalk" IE locks up and I have to go into Task Manager and close IE. I then reopen IE  and open Chieftalk and everything runs okay again. This has happened two or three times this morning. Could this be "on my end" or has someone else had this happen to them. I think the way I explained this is the way it's happening. I 'll do the same procedure as mentioned a couple more times and see if I get the same results.

Larry

I'm still using IE8, but I don't open both forums in the same IE session

Instead, have the two site links on my desktop and simply close the forum which takes me to the desktop and open the other link

Guess the point will be moot fairly soon anyway

Randy....I guess the sooner the better. My worry down the road is that we'll be losing all the info that's been posted over the years on the "old Chieftalk". There are still a lot of people out there using the older versions and many of the post solutions work for many versions. I have a feeling at the end of the year we will be roped into a change no one but CA is going to like.

I haven't seen the problem myself and have been back and forth quite a bit on multiple browsers.

You should also verify you don't have any malware installed. That, and bad pluging software can cause problems as well. I know a week or so ago we saw a problem on Windows 8 on a friends computer where a Yahoo toolbar caused problems.

We already raised the size of the server instance here to handle the increased load. This was last Friday night. Server logs earlier this week showed good indicators on usage. I have noticed it's slower this morning than it was at work yesterday. I attributed it to my slow internet connection, however, I am going to investigate when I get to work. If we need to up size the server again we will do it. I refuse to have this site be slow due to a server issue.

We still have a bunch of stuff in our toolbox that we can reach for to make this site sing and dance!

Also, I noticed I got into a redirect loop this morning - using chrome here at home - I went to login.chiefarchitect.com and logged in. The loop went away after that. I have a suspicion what the problem might be. 

If you find you can't access the site for some reason, restart your browser, if that does not work, log in and then come back to the site.