Sign in to follow this  
Mrisser

Open Concept, Partial Cathedral Ceiling required

I've got an open concept living space and one portion of the larger area requires a cathedral ceiling. I've placed scissor trusses in that portion, but I'm unable to have the ceiling follow the pitched trusses without causing the entire room to follow the roof line. How can I make the ceiling be cathedralled in just one specific section?

Under the roof tool icon there is also a ceiling tool.  You can place ceiling planes manually.

If you created a ceiling plane to give you the vault then trusses should stop with vault at the end of the ceiling plane and continue with flat bottom chord beyond that. Lots of possibilities though. Post the plan and fix is guaranteed to be quick.

Here is the plan....look forward to hearing what I've done wrong in trying to vault the ceiling...I'm new to the software so please be gentle with your comments!! ;-)

I haven't looked at the plan, but you need to open the room spec box and turn off the ceiling for that room, then create the manual ceiling planes to the desired specs.

Use room divider to separate cathedral room from flat ceiling room. In cathedral room open dbx and no ceiling in structure tab

Perfect Shane!!

Thank you so much....I assumed I had to separate the rooms somehow but was unsure exactly how to go about it. I will give this a go....really appreciate the quick reply!! I am a mechanical CAD tech by trade so I am well versed in Inventor, ProEngineer, and Catia V5....but this type of software is somewhat foreign to me. I've only had limited experience with Revit.

Thanks again!

I'm foreign to your programS, lmbo.

Download file, I changed your ceiling planes too, fixed attic and gabel walls.