-
Posts
12393 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Everything posted by Alaskan_Son
-
I'm curious...did you just upgrade to Windows 10 recently? After upgrading to Windows 10 several months ago I experienced the same behavior. The video card driver update "failed"... yet completed successfully. And I believe its happened again since then on successive updates.
-
You might want to attach the plan for a better answer, but on the surface, it kinda looks like it might be a video card issue.
-
Nice catch Curt, that's gotta be it. Johnny, it looks like what you did is change the font associated with the Text style titled "Default Text Style". You actually have to assign a text style to your Text Defaults and Rich Text Defaults... OOB, the only text defaults that carry the "Default Text Style" are the Electrical Text Defaults, Framing Text Defaults, and HVAC Text Defaults. Rich Text Defaults are all set individually, and the other regular text defaults are either using the 1/8", 1/4", 1/2", or Plot Plan text styles.
-
You're welcome guys.
-
If you ever figure it out, please post back here with your findings. I've only tried exporting a Chief plan to Sketchup once (just the other day actually) and had the same outcome... One single wall missing.
-
Sorry, just realized what you meant by this. You can't group select the dimensions and points because other items that are on the same layer as the points (dimensions, manual by default) are still displayed that are preventing you from doing so. Try this...Shift select and then CUT. When you cut it will take the points with it. Then paste hold position and while the items are still selected you can open the object dbx and change the layer (changing layer should actually be your only option available).
-
Connecting Roof Planes Causes Sections Of Fascia To Disappear.
Alaskan_Son replied to HaywardVT's topic in General Q & A
I didn't mess with it for a long time, but the short time I did spend with it led me to believe it's a buggy roof. I wouldn't have modeled it like you did, but I don't technically think there's anything wrong with the way you did it. It shouldn't behave like that. Probably one to send in to tech support.- 12 replies
-
- connecting
- roof
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Re-import the symbol. Make sure to use the Import 3D Symbol option rather than drag and drop or copy/paste. During the import process, the Import Symbol dbx will pop up. Choose "Electrical" from the drop-down list.
-
Very creative idea! For what its worth, you can do the same thing by just dragging the wall up in elevation too.
-
Change the symbol to an electrical symbol. No other way that I know of to move label layer. If there is a way, I'd love to know it. I've wanted do that for a different reason myself.
-
Like I said, open the layout box dbx. In other words, select the view you sent to layout and click "Open Object" (the little door icon or Control+E).
-
No. Just that that you have to use those particular tools in plan. The changes can still show in layout. You just don't use those particular tools in layout.
-
to access reference floor settings while in layout, open the layout box dbx and go here...
-
That tool is used in the plan file not the layout file.
-
The option to toggle textures is only available while you're actually in a 3D view.
-
3D>Camera View Options>Toggle Textures
-
Just trace over the PDF and build one with P-solids. Easy peasy. Don't want to do it for free, but I'd be willing to model it for you...for a moderately exorbitant fee.
-
This setting is your problem... You had your platform building to the exterior of brick. What you were seeing was your floor framing material.
-
Here's another trick... With your ALDO (Active Layer Display Options) opened, select the object whose layer you would like to isolate. Without doing anything else, scroll to the All Off Set. The layer(s) for your previously selected item should be the only thing displayed. Simply check display in the appropriate box(es). Once finished with any necessary edits, "select all" layers and uncheck display to reset your all off set.
-
I'm sure its because those aren't the numbers we're typically trying to recreate. I for one have never altered them through the dbx except for this particular exercise.
