Sign in to follow this  
FelthamUK

Wall snaps

Dear Members,

A simple question that I cant seem to resolve! How do I stop walls snapping to each other; I may want them to snap to a line instead for example.

BR Sean

I think the answer to that question really depends on specifically what you're trying to accomplish.  There are a few methods including using perpendicular/parallel walls as necessary, using alternating wall types, using a specific drawing order, using a specific series of operations, using no room definition walls (either permanently or temporarily), or even temporarily using an additional floor along with the reference display...I'm sure the list could go on. 

Can you elaborate a bit?

Here's an example attached. Lets say the junction between thick cavity type wall and thin (yellow) wall should be where the line is drawn. Try moving the wall junction without deleting or moving the window.

Joe,

You beat me to it.

post-106-0-58312400-1466635939_thumb.jpg

I do.

Mine snaps all over the place (except to the line). What do I need to do?

Drag a Room Divider wall perpendicular to, and at the end of the thick cavity wall.

Then drag the Room Divider wall up to the cad line - the end of the thick wall will move with the Room Divider wall.

Actually, in this particular instance you dont even need the room divider wall.  This is one of those cases where simply drawing in the correct order/sequence will address the issue. Here's a quick crappy video...