sloped floor

jberd16

Just throwing this in for some feedback because I don't have the skill level to compete with all you guys. But lots of ideas here.

What are the possibilities of using a sloped ceiling plane and an extra floor? I think it could be framed structurally as a floor and not have the potential drawbacks of a roof plane.

If the OP intends to build a wood structure I think this could work.

I think that would probably work just fine and thought of that myself.  Those extra floors and multiple levels can really be a hassle though (both to manage and to display) especially if a person isn't all that proficient with the software...even if they are proficient it can be a pain.  I think the best solution probably depends on exactly what you want/need to display, which tools you're most comfortable with, and whether or not you think you might need to modify it at any point.  While we're on that subject I'll throw this tip out there...

Using the solid method or the roof method a person could (and probably SHOULD) save a copy of the original solid or roof (or molding or p-solid or whatever) before boolean operations, converting to symbol, or other non-reversible modifications, that way they wouldn't have to rebuild from scratch in the case of any changes.  They could just revert to the original building blocks.  Could just save a little time. 

Yes Michael, I thought about it yesterday but did not get it tested and posted until now.

We should not underestimate a person with three posts but I was trying to find a way to keep things live and as simple as possible. So I am glad that you think this is a possibility.

I thought that not being able to curve a ceiling plane may have been a deal breaker but with enough breaks you can make your own curve. That is what Chief does anyway.

post-4797-0-11551700-1466055461_thumb.jpg

So maybe like this Perry. Maybe we should all just get together and finish the design for Jberd, as this is likely for a non-profit situation anyway.

Chapsaw really nice out of the box solution for the op to go with his design.

FYI, if you want to curve a ceiling plane you can draw a rectangular ceiling plane and intersect it with the room polyline, so that you can get the result you need. finally you may need to convert the curved edge of the ceiling plane to multiple segments by " convert arc to multiple segments". but really interesting solution you have posted.

thanks