Sign in to follow this  
Don_Straub_Const

3D Image in small room

I have a bathroom that is 6' x 9' and I can not figure out how to place a camera center of room or anywhere else for that matter. That allows the details to be shown. how do you get decent images in a room this size?

thank you 

I usually do one of 2 things...

1. Create an elevation view and use whatever rendering technique you want.

2. Temporarily make one or more of the walls invisible and place the camera outside the room.

Alternatively, full or floor overview, 3D, camera view options, cross section slider. Play with setting, adjust camera. Only works in standard view, vector makes the slider go away.

Still easier than photographing the real thing ;)

Sometimes you can get what works by adjusting the camera clipping planes.

post-170-0-39869800-1463662954_thumb.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CAJNENT
    Newest Member
    CAJNENT

• By Draftsman-don
      I've recently purchased a new computer and installed Chief Architect 11. Everything is loaded and working except when I print I do not get any of the jpeg images. All of the line weights seem thinner than expected also. I have an HP designjet T120 printer and have downloaded the latest drivers and rebooted my computer. The printer is working properly for other software so now I'm thinking something is wrong on the Chief Architect side.  Is there a setting that I've forgotten to change or is there something I need to do to initiate a new printer driver? Any help is appreciated.
    • By renosud
      Hi,

Does anybody know if there is an option to automatically save all imported images in the plan without having to remember to check the 'save in plan' checkbox? 

At the moment, it's a checkbox option at import [or a setting that can be changed after] e.g. its set to not save in the plan as default on import. The problem is that in my workflow, many images that I add to a plan as supporting files are kept in a local download folder that I regularly clear out. You know the routine, quick search on the internet, locate picture, throw into the plan and move on etc. It's something I might do hundreds of times a week when every second counts. It's often the case that supporting images are not always resources that you want to necessarily permanently keep on the server. Occasionally, when I open a plan, if I have forgotten to save an image in plan, the missing image resource is lost and I have to find it again [or not] on the web. Interestingly, images that are copied and pasted in are automatically saved in the plan.

Somebody tell me that there is a secret place buried or hidden in plain sight that makes 'save in plan' by default? Many thanks to the community.

George
      www.renosud.com
      CA Premier X9
      MICROSOFT WINDOWS 10 PRO
      INTEL CORE I7-6850K CPU @ 3.60GHZ
      RAM 32.0 GB
      GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI 27GB

• By Chief_Content
      Do you have a favorite backdrop image that you find works well for many of your projects?

We are looking to accumulate a variety of examples that we can share with other users as a bonus catalog!
      If you would like to contribute any images for consideration as a backdrop, please send your samples to:

content@chiefarchitect.com

We have found that good backdrops typically have a horizon line at about 1/2 the height of the total image. They also need to be a minimum of 1920 pixels wide in order to have enough resolution on screen.

*Any images submitted must be yours to share as owner and author. Please do not share other artists' work that you do not have rights and permission to distribute. Chief Architect may modify images for optimization and purposes and contact you for more information about any submitted images.
    • By LCHorne
      When I print a rendered view in version X1, I am getting a plot of the floor plan.  I am using the "print image" dialogue box under file.  When I do the same thing in a vector view it prints the view but only in black and white.  Can anyone help with this?
    • By CCCArchitect
      I am sending images to layout but they are always black and white or grayscale. I have toggled color on and image still black and white.....what am I missing??
      X6