Schedule Dimensions in Feet and Inches?

kMoquin

No, there isn't any way to do that currently.

The easiest way would be if Chief would provide alternate columns formatted for us.

It might be possible by adding columns that could be filled in with macros - I would have to study that.  My Schedules are set up with 3 additional columns (Head, Jamb & Sill Detail Reference) so I know we can add components and get extra columns but the component fields would need to be able to utilize a macro to display the values.

• 3 months later...

Two - Three ways to do this automatically

One --- Add a sub-column to replace the width or height columns. Write a macro to enter the door width/height info into global memory. Make a second macro & put in sub_column to retrieve from global and write to the component sub-column. Add the sub column to the schedule. Two macros per door. Remember to use Caps.

Two - Add the door accessor methods to global then a second macro to retrieve. Then same as above.

Three -- IOW -- Just copy the dims into a sub-column manually.

Gerry:

even though I advocate for macros I think functions like this should be controlled via

a setting in a DBX

I hope Chief never gets to the point where "everything" needs to be done via a macro

on the other hand, if I chose to I should be able to do "anything" via a macro :)

Lew

Good Point -- Mine also.

The real purpose of macros is to allow the user to customize the process to the way it's comfortable with, without tying up programmers with endless requests -- which never end and never satisfy anyone. Any attempt to do so just creates a cumbersome mishmash, to puzzling for anyone to use in the end.

Chief has so limited Ruby, that it serves no real advantage, which was what I was trying to point out-badly. Does not have to be that way. Tremendous waste just to save a few programming man-hours.

Keep asking for expansion of our internal API. I am a big proponent of adding at least enough functionality to iterate through objects and have the ability to set the exposed properties of them. The API already has the power to set items and is exposed via select same / load same. The only bit that is missing is the ability to access items via some sort of iteration. 

The possibilities with an expanded API are vast.

And I agree with Lew, we should make it easy to do the common things without macros.

• 7 years later...