Adding a Partial Basement to Existing Structure

alikelly

I have an existing plan for a client I'm doing the 3D version for an architect who does not have the capability. I'm fairly new at this. I need to add a basement under part of the home, now, as they've decided to add one. I'm not sure how to do this. I know how to add a floor above, but not below an existing floor and not sure how to do the partial basement. The rest of the house will be on a slab. Thanks!

• 5 years later...

I'm not sitting on the computer, I'm on my phone, but I think I just saw, you can create a floor and then move that floor below.

I'm guessing you would have to change your build elevation and maybe manually change walls to cement foundation and floor.

And maybe there is a whole other way, but this might work?

• Downvote 1

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, CKittels said:

@joey_martin I'm not following/understanding what you are suggesting.  On my plan, which has a first floor and I need to add the partial basement, when I select one of the bedrooms I don't see the option to add a floor below to make this a basement.

Just Create a Foundation, ( Build>Floor>Foundation)  though I'd set your Plan Defaults 1st, and then alter the different areas on the Foundation level (0) level as needed eg 48" crawlspace or 96" Basement Area.

M.