country

Patterns For James Hardie Siding?

I tried to use some of the James Hardie products on one of my projects and it looks like there is no pattern attached.  Have I missed something or is this a big disappointment for my construction drawings?  Having the correct product for Ray Trace is great but not if it doesn't translate into the plans.

call your hardie rep, they do have a sales brochure that shows each type of product, hardie wood finish, beaded lap etc also you may already have the colors, you will need to make your own material with the program, works great--they will send you the file location

good luck

George Jones

I noticed that too Sherry. All the Hardie materials (the ones I've tried so far anyway) seem to only have the texture set, not an accompanying hatch/fill pattern. 

You can add a pattern yourself though. Just edit the material.

post-108-0-01549200-1453402782_thumb.png

That'll work for that particular plan, but unfortunately, it won't change the one in the library.

On a related note, do you find the colours look accurate? I find they look a bit off, especially the shingle textures. Maybe too much reflection in the texture images or something. I don't know. Could be me though!

I just tried to download the james hardie library from chief and I can not find it.. I wonder if they deleted it to fix this or if I missed out....

I tried to use some of the James Hardie products on one of my projects and it looks like there is no pattern attached.  Have I missed something or is this a big disappointment for my construction drawings?  Having the correct product for Ray Trace is great but not if it doesn't translate into the plans.

The default for the Hardie material is "Area". Change to strip with the adjust material tool.

post-69-0-15917000-1453744074_thumb.jpg

I just tried to download the james hardie library from chief and I can not find it.. I wonder if they deleted it to fix this or if I missed out....

Interesting... I don't see it there anymore either. Hopefully, like you said, they pulled it to fix it!

I'll give that a try. Thanks Jim. Hopefully they will change it in the library for an updated version.

I was just informed that the James Hardie catalog has been updated to include patterns.  Please update your catalog and let us know if you find any additional problems.

Thanks Dermot. I will update tomorrow. This catalogue is something I will use on 80% of my projects.