sunsen

Core/architectural

Hi, 

Does it usually take hours to install the core architectural catalog? Also, does anyone know how to keep it from timing out if I'm not actively using the program?

Thanks

Oh, I see what's timing out, the time tracker. Must still be installing. Anyone know why it's so slow? Is it just a ton of information?

It depends on the speed of your Internet connection, but yes… mine took several hours as well. Actually, I left it running overnight.

Thanks Michael. Looks like a few more hours to me. Just so long as it's not abnormal.

The core libraries are fairly large (700 MB+) and can take a long time to download depending on your internet speed as well as traffic on our end.

It is not possible to download the core libraries in only 2 minutes.  If you have been an X8 beta tester and already had the libraries installed, then you would not need to reinstall them.

For more information about downloading and updating libraries, please see the help topics in the program.  To quickly find the help, just put your mouse over the menu item for Install Core Content or Update Library Catalogs and hit the F1 key.

Ok I must have updated the core, but it seems to have downloaded to whole thing. I update the lib's quite frequently .

I believe updating the libraries should usually be much faster then the initial install.

I believe updating the libraries should usually be much faster then the initial install.

This is definitely true for me.  Original download of libraries typically takes several hours but updates are much faster. 

.........Original download of libraries typically takes several hours but updates are much faster. 

Well Michael,  if you did not live in the hinterland,  it should take only 30 minutes.......  it seems that when I download the core catalogs,  the time is not an issue because I can still work with CA while downloading......  30 minutes maybe?

It is the bonus and manuf catalog downloads that is a big hassle.....  for me anyway.....  

I am having a longing to visit Michael's great state of Alaska again......  it  probably will  not happen for a couple of years.....  hey Michael,  you know that whenever you come down into my neck of the woods,  you are always welcome to give me a call so we can get together.

Well Michael,  if you did not live in the hinterland,  it should take only 30 minutes.......  it seems that when I download the core catalogs,  the time is not an issue because I can still work with CA while downloading......  30 minutes maybe?

It is the bonus and manuf catalog downloads that is a big hassle.....  for me anyway.....  

I am having a longing to visit Michael's great state of Alaska again......  it  probably will  not happen for a couple of years.....  hey Michael,  you know that whenever you come down into my neck of the woods,  you are always welcome to give me a call so we can get together.

Thanks Scott.  That is much appreciated : )  I'll have to let you know if we make it down that way again.  You do the same if you head up this way.