Need Help With Mixed Roof Pitches On Front Of House

Aesthete7

post-9184-0-84948900-1451369973_thumb.png

Hi everyone! I'm in dire need of your guys' help. Our architect (who has left our newly designed house with a bevy of problems) designed our house with two 6:12 gables above the garage and laundry room and one 10:12 gable above the entry way. On top of the visual discord, this is also going to create some pretty serious drainage issues where the roof peaks meet the rest of the house. I wasn't bothered by it at first, but now the difference is really starting to get to me. We ended our relationship with the architect as he refused to offer help to resolve the many mistakes he made. As of now, the whole house will be done in Hardishake shingles (so no clapboard as shown in rendering). I'm looking for ways to possibly resolve this visually without going back and rebuilding the pitches so they look the same. One idea I had was to sort of combine hip and gable roofs by doing the two roof peaks on the left (the lower pitches) with a little shed roof going across the entirely of the gable (right above the garage doors, for example), and making doing a traditional rake gable edge on the porch entry. The picture below describes this visually better than I can verbally. Any help would be SO appreciated. Thank you.

post-9184-0-41640900-1451369965_thumb.png

I'm not seeing any drainage issues in what you show, What am I missing?

The issue I see is at the entry between the valleys - that's a lot of water coming off those roof planes in a major storm event. Getting the water away from the house is probably going to require terminating the downspouts to a receptor, under-ground pipe, and either drain to daylight or use pop-ups to discharge to grade.

Based on prior only other post from OP, now deleted in that thread, and Dave Potter's response, I don't think anyone can offer much help here. It sounds like you had a parting of ways with your designer/architect, who based on the render, may have been using CA. If in fact that was the case, I suspect you don't have any of the original files, for whatever program he was using.  

That being said, I think given the size of the house that the upper pitch seems unnecessarily steep, adding to overall surface area, and potential to overwhelm gutters in a gully-washer. That's it, can't add anything else to this.....