Sign in to follow this  
Layback

Can't change temporary Dimension colors in X7

Temporary dimensions in X7 display in dark gray by default and are hard to read. Been using CA for 10 years or so and for the life of me can't figure out how to change the color of temporary dimensions in X7.

A solution would be appreciated

Never knew that. Apparently it's 'selection line color'.

Thx Michael ,good tip , I thought I was stuck with grey too , I guess it's there somewhere in the 1400 page manual but who would think " selection line" was the right setting for that ? Strange it isn't in with the other Dim. Settings.

I never knew that.  Great tip.  Thank You.

Ike

Similar issue, thought this might answer my question, but no - When placing temporary dimensions in CA 7, the dimension is positively illegible until the point is accepted and positioned.
It looks as it the dimension font (green here @ bottom) is super heavy line weight, even if the dimension defailt is line weight "1".
Can someone assist?

post-4042-0-05844400-1443647957_thumb.jpg

It almost looks like you are using the wrong annotation scale ( too large?) Seaside and it is blocking into those green blobs....

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Reboreb
    Newest Member
    Reboreb

• By rock-chalk
      Hey all,

I hope someone has had this happen to them...I started a new plan this morning and when I try to move my walls by typing in a new dimension on either the manual or temporary dimension string, it will only move the wall in feet increments...the only "help" article I could find, only referred to the "default is in inches" for moving objects this way.  For Example, I try to move a wall 36 inches and it moves it 36 feet.  I cannot find the default to change this.

simple beginning of the plan attached...

Thanks,

Doug
      Windows Prof 7, CAX7
    • By RicochetX
      I just started using Chief X7 and have come up against a problem.

In X7, every time I zoom in close and select an object, the temporary dimension extension arrows block out the view. In X6 if you were zoomed in and selected something, the extension arrows would not show and would not block the view. X7 ends up blocking the view unless I turn the default dimension arrows down to zero. Unfortunately, this also effects all the manual dimensions as well. I’m using the same style of arrow in both X6 and X7.

See attached picture.

I click one side of the box and the temporary dimension pops up. From the selected line to the left is 12" and the arrow shows. To the right the temp. dim is only 1 5/8" and because it's so close, the extension arrow automatically doesn't show. So X6 automatically turns the arrow on and off depending on whether or not it covers the dimension. Is this a setting somewhere in X7? I took the pictures of the exact same plan, on the exact same line and in X7 and you can see it didn't disable the arrow on the 1 5/8" temporary dimension.

• By GRSmsdb555
      Hello all,

I can't for the life of me figure out how to get Chief to show door and window centers during placement with temporary dimensions.

Thanks in advance.
    • By PCangel
      is there any way to change Temporary Dimensions for door from center to sides ?