Custom Walls

gdesignbuild

I have been trying to figure out how to have wall types I have created show in the list through all of my plans. When I make a new wall type, it only shows up in that particular plan. I have searched through the help and used the search but have not found if there is a way to do this (ie. saving the wall in a specific folder).

Save the wall to your Library, once it is there you can access it in any plan by just selecting it in the library and it will auto appear in the wall list drop down box, or your can simply go ahead and start drawing with that wall type

M.

Once you save it to your lib. you can make a folder call walls and cut and paste the wal in the lib to the new folder you made, I have a request in to be able to select the folder you make and when you send an item to thelib it would go into that folder to save some steps

Once you save it to your lib. you can make a folder call walls and cut and paste the wal in the lib to the new folder you made, I have a request in to be able to select the folder you make and when you send an item to thelib it would go into that folder to save some steps

You should bump that request so I can +1 it  ,would love that too.

Our template (profile) plan has some things drawn in it that we just delete before starting the new project.  Having our custom walls there means they are available in the drop down.  Having a whole bunch of stuff in the template means we can just do "New Plan" at any time and have really fast access to all our most frequently used stuff - faster than the library.  Copy and paste baby!  Where in the library you have to block the living room grouping, you can just Shift Click what you want out of a plan - no blocking and unblocking necessary, no scrolling, it's just there.  If I need a custom wall for a plan start prior, copy, paste, delete - it's now on the drop down.