SNestor

Match Properties & Walls

So...is there a way to "match properties" of walls?  I've tried the match properties tool...and it doesn't seem to work on walls.  Am I doing something wrong...or is this just the way it is?

Is there a tool where you can select a wall...and then drop its properties on to other walls?

So...is there a way to "match properties" of walls?  I've tried the match properties tool...and it doesn't seem to work on walls.  Am I doing something wrong...or is this just the way it is?

Is there a tool where you can select a wall...and then drop its properties on to other walls?

Doubt it.

not sure what you are trying to do but you could use shift select , to group select the walls, then change the wall-type or definition as needed instead. 

Thanks.

I just wondered if I was doing something wrong. I know I can shift select and make changes...but I was playing around with the match properties tool and was surprised to learn that it would not work on walls.

Not a big deal...

I am fairly new to CArch(usingX6) but I've also wanted to do this when changing foundation/slab properties. A. where is the tool located (I did say I was a noob correct?) B. would it even work for what I'm wanting to do? Basically, the existing foundation was a floating slab under an old addition. Now we are going to demo this and build it properly to match the conditions of the adjacent kitchen (which I have built properly).